September 3, 2014

Carnivale: Outside New Canaan

by Walter J. Keegan, Jr., posted Mar 20th 2005 11:02PM
CarnivaleOne last episode left for this season. Can you believe it? Mutiny is afoot in the traveling Carnivale with Lila at the lead and I can’t say I blame them, being pipered into the revival camp without knowing the world is at stake. The new limp-free Jonsey spills the beans on Hawkins to an emotional crowd (and viewers). I’m still questioning Iris, she’s had the most enigmatic role in the whole show. Eleanor sure knew how to break up a good ole baptizin’. Sophie’s choice is the key – you know she is the Omega and all. And any uncertainties about her true origins have been cleared up for those that didn’t catch on. Brother Justin is just plain creepy (Clancy Brown is perfect). Put on your hats and pack clean underwear kids, Armageddon’s coming!

Jen

I just love this show. I think it is the best thing on tv. So happy HBO did another great series besides the Sopranos. I can not wait til next season. I wonder how long they are going to wait this time? I think Sophie might turn bad for awhile to keep the show interesting but ultimately she will come back to the Carnivale. I hope the third season continues to keep us on the edge of our seat! If anyone wants to chat about Carnviale, please email me.

March 31 2005 at 12:44 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Malco Riv

Any guesses on whether HBO will pick up Carnivale for a third round? (Of course, if Armageddon ensues, the question is moot!).

March 27 2005 at 2:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Malco Riv

March 27 2005 at 12:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
TheMatt

Gudlyf, what if she is pregnant with Ben's child after their tryst in the truck? That means a daughter of a Belyakov has the kid of a Scudder. What side would that child be on? Both? Neither?

March 21 2005 at 1:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Walter J Keegan Jr

I don't think we will know until next week - she is the end - if she stands by Brother Justin, the end of the world - if she stands with Ben, the end of evil. Very well done foreshadowing the last episode.

March 21 2005 at 10:16 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gudlyf

About Sophie and being the "Omega"... Are we supposed to know what that means yet? I guess you could take it litterally, that she's the key to the end of the evil. Then again, since she is the daughter of Brother Justin, would that mean she'd take over Hawkins's boon should she kill him?

March 21 2005 at 9:38 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply