October 31, 2014

'Third Watch' Cancelled by NBC

by Karina Longworth, posted Mar 24th 2005 1:44PM
Nia_Long-010.jpgNBC has decided not to bring Third Watch back for a seventh season. The series, currently on hiatus whilst the network launches Law & Order: Trial by Jury, will return with new episodes on April 8; a series/season finale has yet to be shot. Third Watch follows NYC cops, paramedics and firefighters who work the graveyard shift; actress Nia Long won herself an NAACP Image Award last weekend for her role on the program.

Adsspinner

Oh gosh its 2011 ........ and i still wish they would bring the show back

June 27 2011 at 1:17 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mr Torres

Well it's two years later and I have to say I miss Third Watch and so, there hasn't been another show like it and I haven't watch anything on NBC! Usually I watch CBS but without insulting anyone I really wish you would bring back Third Watch I am sure most people would forget their bad feelings about the network that cancelled our show, the only reason why it took so long to make a comment is that I was curious about the show and wondered what happened, I've been missing something and it was the show Third Watch. I am sure there is a way to bring back the show and stop letting other networks dominate the air! Written 11-20-07

November 20 2007 at 8:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sheila

When I found out Third Watch was being canceled, I couldn't believe it. It was my favorite show on TV. I think NBC is going to regret the decision to drop this show. I've seen the new Law & Order Trial by Jury and was not impressed. There's no way that could take the place of Third Watch. We certainly don't need another Law & Order. I hope the Third Watch DVD's are released, at least I could watch the re-runs. NBC - you made a bad decision and I hope you live to regret it!!!!!

December 07 2005 at 12:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
therese marrone

It's soooo sad that this show has been taken off the air. All i can say is what the heck were they thinking. Someone wasn't thinking clearly the day they cut that show. My only hope now is that they put it on dvd for public purchase I never got to see the entire series if the price is right this will be a collection i would purchase.

October 02 2005 at 5:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
therese marrone

will it ever be able to be purchased on dvd the entire series/ please say yes

September 30 2005 at 7:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Valerie

I agree with all the other comments made before mine. I had never watched Third Watch before but I was home sick and was changing the channels and just happened to see it on the A&E network. I was hooked after watching the episode where they thought they were contaminated by some radioactive material. I kept watching consecutive episodes and loved every minute of it. I was very disappointed to hear that it has been cancelled. I like how they incorporate the everyday life of the paramedic, hospitals and police officers, it really parodied real life and that is what I love. The acting was good, the storylines were well put together, I really wish that they would give this show another chance. I remember my friends saying what a great show this was and how I should watch it, now I wish I had from the very beginning.

September 30 2005 at 6:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mary p.

I can't believe they cancelled third watch.and left some of the really bad shows on.Most of the shows now are nothing other than bad mannered shows our ones with no plots. Some are just plain stupid! please bring third watch back.

September 26 2005 at 2:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ben

I am a very big Third Watch fan. I was really upset to hear that they weren't going to be back for another season. If I could just find out if they have any of there seasons on DVD. It would be really nice. If anyone out there knows where I can get them Please email me at firefighter16692003@yahoo.com

September 17 2005 at 11:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ciaochiao

This is a little late coming in but I also agree that Third Watch should not be cancelled. As for L/O, it died when they mangled casting by changing Jill Hennessy, Chris Noth, Jerry Orbach - the BEST, and Ben Bratt. All Third Watch needed was to tweak the writing a bit. This past season, IN SPITE of the time changes and 'holding pattern' for their time slot, the story actually held a lot of promise and interest. If anyone at NBC is listening, then read all of the above comments. They are your viewers telling you why they WILL and WILL NOT watch your network. After all, isn't it about your audience??? Can anyone please tell me why Jason Wiles wasn't on for such a long time? Contract negotiations, other projects?? Thanks and write to NBC DIRECTLY people! Sad in Canada (SIC) Ciaochiao

June 18 2005 at 7:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
R-Bro

This is obviously a late-to-the-party comment, but I finally got around to watching the last few 'Watches. Although I thought the burning of the police station was both unnecessary and unrealistic, it was nice to see the show end in such an upbeat and satisfying way. Save for some rough spots this season (too much child abuse!), Third Watch was a class act from start to finish.

May 25 2005 at 3:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply