October 2, 2014

Bye Bye American Dreams

by Bob Sassone, posted Apr 29th 2005 2:01PM
American DreamsBad news for American Dreams fans: looks like NBC has cancelled the show. There was talk it wouldn't be renewed anyway, so the cancellation doesn't come as any real shock. We're getting into the real nitty gritty time of the year when the networks announce what isn't coming back and what new shows will debut this fall, so stay tuned to TV Squad for all the latest news.

ske

Wouldn't be nice if one of the other networks would pick up the show??? It should switch to FOX. They seem to be carring more shows and attracting a lot more viewers.

May 04 2005 at 10:36 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ske

NBC - It seems you struggle all the time with shows. A show "American Dreams" that is fully warm hearted for all the family is gone from air. I can't believe yet another station to opt to show nothing but crime, and garage every day and think they are going to be hits and last for years. What a joke. Give somthing that people like and enjoy to watch. Stop and think of those people that have to flip through channel after channel to find something to watch. You had a show that could have been a gold mine for you and something to work with and build from - but, then again, you seem to prefer looking in garbage cans for something to start with and then - who knows. I am glad I love to read when there is nothing on tv to watch.

May 03 2005 at 10:40 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Richard

It doesn't surprise me that another great quality show has vanished from the airways. Don't the networks wonder why they are losing more viewers to cable everyday? American Dreams made us remember where we came from for the last 40 years and maybe by watching this excellent program, people would have learned from those mistakes and we could perhaps live in better times. I am sad. I feel that I have lost a dear old friend. Shame on you NBC.

May 01 2005 at 11:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Anna

I just cannot believe that this show is gone. I am very disappointed in NBC. With all the efforts that people put in to trying to get them to keep this show on, and still they cancel...pulling it right out from under us. I guess we can all go back to watching the same old crap that is shown on primetime televisions...will it be The Apprentice??? I would rather stab my self in the eyes than ever watch that show!!! Or will it be Survivor??? I mean, come on...what are you "surviving?" Being put on an island for 40 days and putting up with a bunch of whining money hungry people? Or maybe we could watch one of the 15 Law and Orders or CSI's that are on TV...maybe New York, maybe Miami, maybe SVU or Criminal Intent. This is crap. I don't know why I am surprised that the executives at NBC would make such a horrible decision and cancel American Dreams...it is just as stupid as thinking that taking Matt LeBlanc and putting in a Friends spin off would be funny. It's not funny, and NBC now truly sucks...they threw away the only thing that was worth watching on TV.

April 30 2005 at 8:20 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kurt Gillespie

Its a damn shame that the best show ever made, American Dreams, is now just a great memory. Put it away with other quality shows of the past like Ill Fly Away and Picket Fences. I guess the public doesnt want a show that gets them to think. Its easier to unwind and watch Jerry Springer force people to eat bugs. Pathetic.

April 30 2005 at 5:22 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kurt Gillespie

April 30 2005 at 5:19 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Doris M.Militello

i can't believe one of the BEST shows on tv is being taken off!!!I am furious,and sad.I love "American Dreams".It is just not fair. I haven't missed an episode since the day it started.I was hooked immediately. I think it should be moved back to Sunday,when everyone would actually watch it again.It was good on Sundays.I watched it on Wednesdays too of course,but,most other people had different shows they'd watch. I am very upset.I will miss the whole cast.i loved them all.I hope Brittany finds something else fast,and i hope it's a good show,that I can get into,and that will last.Good Luck to all of you. A big fan; Doris M.Militello

April 29 2005 at 11:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Amanda

It is a real shame that American Dreams has been cancelled. This was the first true quality family show that a network has put out in a long time, and I am extremely disappointed that NBC has failed to recognize that.

April 29 2005 at 3:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply