September 1, 2014

Is the show over for Carnivale?

by Keith McDuffee, posted May 8th 2005 11:51AM
carnivaleI'm really hoping this is all just a big rumor, and a bad one at that. There's preliminary word on the street that HBO's Carnivale has not been renewed and therefore will not see a third season. The second season ended what Daniel Knauf considered the first book of three in the series, so I guess it's not all bad. Wait a minute, yes it is! Let's hope this rumor's squashed soon.

iakona

This is a travesty! With TV becoming more and more filled with stupid desperate houswives, Carnivale was a great Show! Shame on you HBO! Keep up the crappy work -- like Unscripted, K Street and Entourage. Save Carnivale!

May 23 2005 at 2:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Varl

Well, now I have no more reasons to watch or subscribe to HBO any longer. Deadwood is okay, if I want to get my weekly barrage of swear words. Entourage is retarded, and don't even get me started on CYE. The remote doesn't click fast enough away from that show. What a POS. Sopranos, SFU, and Carnivale' are my favorite shows on this network, and they're killing at least 2 of them. Great decision. Apparently, HBO doesn't like money, or maybe it's just my money they don't like. Whatever.

May 22 2005 at 3:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Felicity

I have every intentions of writing a letter to the CEO. This is the first American show that I have not American televison in years. America's realty shows and the cult following of shows such as Desperate Housewive which requires no thinking mentally is pathetic. Carnivale allows intelligent viewers to think deeper then just a bunch of fluff. Sex and cheating. Give me a break. And American's wonder why so many of us now watch BBC.

May 10 2005 at 6:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Shannon

Why! Why is it that every good show on TV is cancelled and we are stuck with crap, such as Desperate Housewives. I thought HBO had more guts. Carnivale is the best show on TV! It requires thought, imagination and intellegence. I hope that HBO reconsiders, or that these rummors are untrue. Carnival is ten times better then Deadwood! Let Dan Knauff finish the story. You can't leave us like this! Save Carnivale!!!!

May 09 2005 at 6:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Carnie Trash

This is exactly why television is so filled with SHIT. Maybe they can add another gay show. Those are quality programming.

May 09 2005 at 10:01 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Chris

I wouldn't mind seeing the show go if I hadn't heard that Knauf had more planned. I'd always prefer to let the storyteller finish the story. If Knauf has more to say with a planned ending then he should be allowed to say it. That was always one of the things I liked about HBO. They'd give a storyteller room to work. Now, I don't know. So long as I still have the Wire. Deadwood just isn't as compelling, I just don't like the characters that much, despite trying.

May 09 2005 at 7:23 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mattyhayes

Still....one of the finest and most captivating HBO shows in recent years, and if it is true, will certainly be missed. With any other HBO show, I felt like I could at least go hit the head without missing something important. What a shame...

May 08 2005 at 10:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dick Rich

I was a "Carnie" for two years but felt conned by the last two episodes. The battle between good and evil turned out to be a battle between respecting the audience and toying with em.

May 08 2005 at 9:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
shadalee

It can't be! I love Carnivale! I planned my Sundays around that show. I'll send a letter right away. It's sad to me that original, brave series are always thrown to the curb. The visuals on that series were great. And I refuse to watch Desperate Housewives!

May 08 2005 at 8:14 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Faye

I'm afraid it's not a rumor. The source are key cast members of the show, who announced it during an organized chat at www.carnycon.com. HBO will make the official announcement this week. If you're unhappy that HBO canceled Carnivale, please let them know. Send a letter to Chris Albrecht, Chairman and CEO, HBO Entertainment, 2500 Broadway, Ste. 400, Santa Monica, CA 90404.

May 08 2005 at 3:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply