September 30, 2014

Welcome back Greg The Bunny

by Bob Sassone, posted May 11th 2005 3:07PM
Greg The BunnyWow, talk about your weird TV comebacks. The Independent Film Channel is bringing back Greg The Bunny, the very short-lived Fox comedy that aired a few years ago. It's not clear whether Seth Green or Eugene Levy will be involved in the show (Green is currently doing Robot Chicken on The Cartoon Network). There's a funny premise for the new version though: it will have the characters of Greg The Bunny forced to make ends meet by making short films for The Independent Film Channel after Fox cancels their show. Each "episode" will be 5 to 12 minutes long. The IFC also has other new shows coming up, including a Michael McKean-voiced animated show from Bob Balaban, and a faux-documentary comedy show titled The Festival

sjw12180@gmail.com

Skatchamagowza, what friggin brilliant writing!!

December 03 2005 at 5:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jason Anderson

Whoa! I never thought I'd see this one come back. I loved this show. But I don't think I get the Independent Film Channel. :(

May 28 2005 at 7:12 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jazza

Yep, Seth is in it. It was filmed last year ;) More info http://www.gregtbunny.com/ifc_special.htm

May 12 2005 at 2:58 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
forzaq8

he could run 3 shows , but he wouldn't be able to do any movies thats for sure

May 11 2005 at 8:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Belgand

I always thought that the weirdest comeback was when The Critic showed up (after leaving ABC and then Fox) on the web as a series of flash shorts. They managed to get the major talent to work on it at least so it wasn't quite as terrible as it could have been. Not amazing, but an interesting way to keep your show going in some form.

May 11 2005 at 4:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Keith

Seth Green is actually double-booked, working on Family Guy, as well. I've never heard of anyone working three shows at once!

May 11 2005 at 3:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply