October 2, 2014

Blalock, Anderson win Spacey Awards

by Bob Sassone, posted May 30th 2005 2:59PM

StargateAt first I thought that Kevin Spacey had started his own awards show, but no, it's the annual Spacey Awards given out by Space: The Imagination Station, a network in Canada. Enterprise was named Favorite TV Series, while Jolene Blalock (Enterprise) and Richard Dean Anderson (Stargate: SG-1) won Favorite Character awards. Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban won Favorite Movie (beating out Spiderman 2, The IncrediblesI, Robot, and Shrek 2. Spiderman won for Best Movie Hero, Best Villain, Best Comic Book Adaptation, and Best Fight Scene. Battlestar Galactica won for Best Limited Series.

Hey, how about we start our own awards show - The Squadies?

Kel

LOL, another "me too" to one of Doug's posts(MST3K one of my all time favorites.). Just re-watched Stargate this weekend. What a "Big coincidence" SG was definitely not his usual cup of tea. Now "2 days in the Valley", "Crash" & "Secretary", they're all very Spaderesque.

May 30 2005 at 11:00 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Doug

However, I like your Squadies categories. I think The Squadies is something I could root for.

May 30 2005 at 4:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Doug

Lest we forget: James Spader: Boston Legal The Pentagon Papers Secretary 2 Days in the Valley Stargate Crash Wolf Sex, Lies, and Videotape Wall Street Less Than Zero Pretty in Pink Diner Great actor; great career.

May 30 2005 at 4:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Man

Remember it's a Canadian award show and the shows that won are hometurf favorites or as they wrote "favourites". Stargate is a really good show not Farscape good but it holds its own. Spader-esque intelligence? He's so creepy that his intellegence always looks like he's planning to murder a family and wear there skin, in my opinion. The Squadies categories: Show that Best Lived Up to the Hype Show that Least Lived Up to the Hype Most Unexpected TV Gem Best Acting on a Reality Show Favorite Short-Term-Supporting Actor/Actress ---for example: Daniel Roebuck(Arzt)Lost Best Series Finale Best Episode on Television(all shows)

May 30 2005 at 4:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Doug

Wow, that's a tad shocking. Enterprise had its moments, but was not an award-worthy show. And Richard Dean Anderson? Stargate is pathetic, in my opinion. Dinner theater acting wrapped around okay effects. Where is all the James Spader-esque intelligence of the film? Not to say the film was brilliant, but it was solid and fun. The TV series is lame as hell. The fact that Sci-Fi cancelled FARSCAPE and kept this show is scandelous. And Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban over THE INCREDIBLES? Well, I always thought Canadians were more perceptive then that. However, I agree that BATTLESTAR GALACTICA is excellent, so they got something right.

May 30 2005 at 3:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply