April 18, 2014

Big changes coming to CSI: NY

by Bob Sassone, posted Jun 19th 2005 1:16PM

CSI: NYCSI creator Anthony Zuiker thinks that the reason CSI: NY isn't doing as well as it could is because the show is too gritty and dark, so look for big changes this fall in an attempt to lighten up the show and make it more viewer-friendly.

Look for more episodes involving puppies, wacky neighbors, and a really funny episode where Gary Sinese has two dates for the same night...with twins!

Jessi

I think that the black guy on the new season for CSI New York is fine!!! What's his name??

October 20 2005 at 11:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sorensen

I'll tell you why CSI New York is no good... It is the presence of a flawless supermodel right in the middle of FLAWED, real, interesting characters examining bodily fluids, and various charred or decomposed body parts. I like the grit, and it takes quirky characters to make the show interesting and believable. Does anyone really believe that a supermodel is going to be dealving in the world of medical examiners rooms? I know I don't. I have nothing against Melina K. and enjoyed the show Providence. But she is not an appropriate cast member for a show like CSI. In fact, I have a suggestion. Does anyone remember the show from a few years ago called "Homicide: Life on the Street?" I think the petite, blond, lesbian-leaning-but-apparently-straight female detective would be a good replacement for Stella. While I did not think she was fantastic on that show (we can hope that her acting has improved over the years) no one can deny that she had character. I think she should keep a lot of her former character traits and bring them to CSI New York. She would be much more believable as a CSI member when looking over an autopsy than Stella. Melina belongs in something lighter, hence the appearance that the show is too dark. I would hate to see the addition of a bunch of light-hearted humorous fluff that would, indeed, make Stella more appropriate, but would at the same time ruin the show. I hope they come up with someone to replace Stella, and if they find someone with some real, human flaws it will help the show emensly. Fans of the CSI shows WANT dark, complicated, unseemly shows - that is why we like CSI in the first place.

August 29 2005 at 2:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
L'Emmerdeur

Especially since they paint that ugly picture of New York City in California. If anything, it should be a lot grittier. Those offices are so obviously fake and glammed up. And where's the rats and roaches. I like to pretend it's CSI: Calgary.

June 21 2005 at 2:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Alberto

Frankly I welcome this move. It's not that the dark side of things bother me, in fact I love it. But it just doesn't work for this show. And as a New Yorker, it actually bothered me that they would paint such an ungly picture of the City.

June 20 2005 at 9:32 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Arun

I haven't seen one full episode of CSI: NY, I prefer the original one and CSI: Miami. Its weird seeing Lieutenant Dan playing the lead in this show.

June 20 2005 at 1:26 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Emily

I love the original CSI, but is there a requirement for the male lead in each show to act like they are constipated? Cold detachment is one thing, but Sinese just looks like a dose of Milk of Magnesia would do wonders.

June 19 2005 at 6:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kyle

all the csi shows are the same. the reason that ny is not doing as well as the others is that it is on wednesday nights, when there is lots of other stuff on. the reason miami does so well is that there is nothing else to watch on monday nights

June 19 2005 at 2:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
James Arnold

The only thing that makes CSI NY different from Miami or Vegas is the Gritty. I like it because of that. Now they are going to ruin it with the Puppies and the Twins. Idiots. Morons. Ah well I guess if I am the only one watching it they have to make changes - but really it is my favorite CSI variant I hope they dont ruin it to much.

June 19 2005 at 1:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply