October 21, 2014

Lost numbers not so lucky

by Adam Finley, posted Jun 19th 2005 6:57PM

If you doubt the popularity of ABC's Lost, you might want to consider the fact that over five hundred people used the same lottery numbers used by the character Hurley (Jorge Garcia). The minor difference being that Hurley won, and none of the people who used his numbers in real life did. These stats come from Pennsylvania alone, so who knows how many other folks tried the same numerals?

Once you click on the link below, you'll have to scroll down for the story.

Judi Tilley

Michael, if you'd you'd done the nunbers 4,8,15,16,23,24 on the Irish Lottery on 16th November 2005 you'd have won 3,400,000 euros(or at least a share of it)! Check out their website.

December 07 2005 at 12:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
nemesiskoen

4 8 15 16 23 47 there are 2 1's, 2 2's, a 3, 2 4's, a 5, a 6 and a 8. Where is the seven. Take one of each double number and take the sum. 1 + 2 + 4 makes 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 think about it...

November 14 2005 at 4:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jasmine

You have a cat that barks? Wow I want one of those

September 28 2005 at 7:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Henry Cosmonella

Everytime he says 'dude' my cat barks at the TV.

June 23 2005 at 11:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Penny Poole

I too have a cat.

June 23 2005 at 11:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Henry Cosmonella

Hey Penny, Thanks for your inteelectual support. I started to count 'dudes three episodes ago - it is my affectionate term that I call my cat and hence is on my mind all the time.

June 23 2005 at 11:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Penny Poole

I just read Henry Cosmonella's comments and believe them to be very insightfull. This must be the explanation. I too counted them last night and they reach 16. I wish I was on the ball like Henry. I bet next week it is 23.

June 23 2005 at 11:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Henry Cosmonella

I think that the numbers reflect the ever increasing number of times Hurley says 'Dude' in each episode.

June 23 2005 at 11:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Belgand

Quite ironic considering that Hurley was playing the lottery in California. Though I'm also a bit disturbed that people are in such a huge hurry to play cursed lottery numbers that entail nothing but endless misfortune.

June 21 2005 at 3:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Michael Sykes

I tried to play those Lost numbers (admittedly much later watching the show after the fact on my TiVo), in California. Much to my dismay the bonus numbers here don't go up to 42, so I couldn't do it properly! I ended up using 24 instead for the bonus number, so it's no wonder I didn't win.

June 21 2005 at 12:01 PM Report abuse -1 rate up rate down Reply