October 22, 2014

Six Feet Under: Here's my REVISED guess on who dies next

by Russell Shaw, posted Jun 30th 2005 6:59PM
Nate and MayaIt's being widely surmised that a "recurring" Six Feet Under character will meet their demise in the next episode (Eat A Peach).

Note the scuttlebutt says "recurring," not "regular."

So let us look at some "recurring character" candidates for an early grave:

Billy has, once again, gone from medicated to maniacal. He is capable of violent behavior toward others, and even to himself. Can't rule him out, but my money is on Claire, rather than an act of self-violence, ending the relationship.

Margaret (Brenda's Mom) has had cancer, but doesn't really seem ill right now. Of course she could pass on from something else, but that would introduce a too-tragic arc several episodes from the finale.

Olivier (now Margaret's beau) could be the one. A reckless artiste, prone to taking chances...

Maya.  Many of you have commented that the "bluebird" seen in last week's Time Flies episode could be a representation of Nate's late wife Lisa. If this is the case, then Lisa may want to "claim" Maya to keep her company in the afterlife. This would be a final revenge against Brenda, who she "hates," and against Nate, who she was unfaithful to. Plus Maya is the only "recurring" Fisher I could see off the show while there are still some episodes left. But this death would be so tragic, it would hang over all the Fishers so profoundly that other plot lines would have difficulty bearing fruit.

Which leaves three. I am betting the next "recurring" character to go will be one of these:

It could be Nate's hard-drinking former high-school classmate. You know what they say about drinking and driving...

Which leaves:

Roger- Keith's former admirer, now part-time employer, was shown last week to be in a sham marriage. But we know that his wife is about to set up an adoption for Keith and David. That brings Roger back into the story arc. Recurring character, somewhat vain and self-destructive, distinctly unlikeable.I don't know, maybe he chokes on a peach...

Ready for my SWAG? (Silly, Wild Assumed Guess).

I'm betting on Bettina. The site tv.com's description of  Rainbow Of Her Reasons, (episode after this next one) says in part:

"Ruth is delighted when her sister Sarah calls."

Juli Dixon

Can't be Billy either. He is also mentioned in the last episodes spoiler.

July 05 2005 at 1:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Juli Dixon

Can't be Bettina if you believe the spoilers at Deadwood. She's mentioned in the second to last episode spoiler.

July 05 2005 at 1:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mary Ann

George bites it. Then the love can grow faster with Nate and George's daughter when they console each other. It escalates problems with Maya since she's grown so close to him, and also escalates problems between Brenda and Nate. Gives a reason for Claire to come home since she's trapped with Billy.

July 02 2005 at 7:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Russell Shaw

Although I am sticking with my Roger guess, it could be Bettina. The site tv.com's description of the episode after this one says in part: "Ruth is delighted when her sister Sarah calls." But that doesn't say why Sarah called, or if Ruth stays delighted after Sarah started talking. Since Ruth, Sarah and Bettina (the Kathy Bates character) hung out together, it could be that Sarah called to inform her sister of their mutual friend Bettina's death.

July 02 2005 at 12:44 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Russell Shaw

July 01 2005 at 9:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jason

I suspect it might be George, possibly in suicide from feeling so terrible about how "he's always the lucky one; the one he's with is always unlucky" as he put it. This would explain why Brenda would broach the subject of telling Maya about Lisa and death - since Maya would undoubtedly notice George not being around (they had grown close lately with his playing with and reading to her).

July 01 2005 at 6:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jeff

George or Billy, and my money's on Billy. Though for the sake of Ruth's own sanity, I hope it's George.

July 01 2005 at 2:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
scazza

I'm totally betting on the crazies. In the preview for "Eat a Peach" Margaret is telling Claire that Billy told her the sex was very good, which always signaled to me that he was gone, either missing or locked up. In the last episode where George was telling Ruth how she can't hide how repulsed she is by him, I kept thinking that George would pull a gun out of his robe. Yet, everyone seems like they're just going about their lives, and so the person who dies, if it's at the beginning of the ep is probably insignificant (like Roger), or there's no death at the beginning (I love it when they do that) and it's a surprise at the end. But really, I'm betting on Billy.

July 01 2005 at 11:53 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Randy

How about this, Roger's wife shows up with the kids and said she was sick, right? She dies leaving the kids with Roger. Roger then dies and leaves the kids to David & Keith. Hilarity ensues...

July 01 2005 at 7:24 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Hank

GEORGE SIBLEY! 'k so Ruth already lost an husband but remember this is Six Feet Under. He's dealing with his sickness and sees how much he's hurting Ruth. I would not be surprised if he kills himself.

July 01 2005 at 4:00 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply