October 31, 2014

Create your own Kids in the Hall tribute

by Chris Thilk, posted Aug 11th 2005 8:50AM
Producers for the upcoming DVD release of the third season of Kids in the Hall are looking for fan tributes. Fans are being asked to go to the Kids official website and submit self-made videos or other materials for display on the site in what is being called an "online scrapbook."

So before you go over and drop in your homemade Chicken Lady video I was wondering what everyone's favorite Kids in the Hall moment was? Some of the ones that stick out for me are the one where Dave Foley gets hooked on "girly" drinks, any of Bruce McCullough's monologue pieces and the one where Cabbage Head dies and sees God shares his unique physical characteristic.

Jay Janz

That was one great show. There's so many ones I love. I love Gavin and Buddy Cole. I love Dean and Lex. And I love the terrior song.

August 20 2005 at 5:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
August

Slipped my mind...

August 15 2005 at 12:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sherri

The head squishing dual where they try to block their head from being squished by hiding behind their thumb.

August 13 2005 at 10:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mike

Every day, we work in darkness. Every day, we work in silence.

August 13 2005 at 12:19 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Treelane

I'm a fan of "Sausages" - the mini-film by Bruce McCullough, "Chicken Lady Visits Her Old Home," "Canada Abandons The Monarchy," and "The King Of Empty Promises."

August 12 2005 at 12:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Adam

McDonald's skit about how bass players are always the nerd in the band. As a bass player, I can say that's absolutely true.

August 11 2005 at 7:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
k0an

The one that immediately came to my mind was the "Citizen Kane" sketch. Kevin McDonald (my favorite) and Dave Foley were sitting at a cafe. Dave was trying to remember the name of a movie and even though it was obviously "Citizen Kane" he would say "no, that's not it". This pattern repeated one or two times with refusing to acknowledge the correct name of something. At the end Kevin became so pissed that he stabbed Dave in the hand with a fork. Then Dave started trying to remember the name of that vehicle that's used to take you to the hospital... Kids in the Hall and Mystery Science Theater 3000 were pure crack for me when I was a teenager.

August 11 2005 at 7:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
schleifnet

"what you need is a mortician!!" the skit with the two discussing citizen cane in the diner, but one refuses to admit he is wrong about the title and ends with the other stabbing him in the hand and then chest

August 11 2005 at 4:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Scott

I crush your head

August 11 2005 at 3:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Wynstron

Definitely the fucking good ham sketch. That and the fattening up our tapeworms

August 11 2005 at 2:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply