October 20, 2014

Big Brother 6: The Finale

by C.K. Sample, III, posted Sep 21st 2005 12:11AM
big brother 6The best part of tonight's show was when the Jury members all said a few words to the two remaining HouseGuests before casting their votes. Howie was the last to go and he said that he'd like to vote for America's favorites, Janelle and Kaysar, but that his choice was left between two people who basically didn't really deserve it.

Both Ivette and Maggie looked indignant as we went to commercial and it was great. Leading up to that moment, we had confessional moments with both of these remaining HouseGuests talking about why they made it so far. Neither of them seemed to really know why or how. Ivette's explanation of just being herself, sounded very off. Maggie tried to argue that she hasn't been herself and that she is in fact a very interesting person outside of the house. Yeah, sure *yawn* Maggie, we believe you.

The more exciting part happened when Janelle was arriving in the Jury house and the two teams had a sort of face-off discussion about the remaining two HouseGuests. It wasn't the normal roundtable end debate, but rather James and the non-Friendship team sitting there and criticizing everything they could about the two remaining players, continually talking about how they were all suckers for helping Ivette and Maggie along so far, and pointing out that Janelle was the one that should have won. More after the break...So, while they were filling time before the big announcement, Julie brought out all the evicted HouseGuests who weren't part of the jury and asked everyone lots of questions. She played footage of April calling America a bunch of dirty words and asked her why she said those things. April was booed. Then Cappy attacked Kaysar and also got booed. These two events made the finale worth watching.

The finale vote was a tie all the way up to Howie's final key, which went for Maggie, and as soon as she realized she hadn't won, Ivette's face showed the destraught look of someone who finally realized that she had given away 450K to someone she hardly knew. I'm just glad we didn't have to see her running around screaming "I won! I won!" again.

Guido

To clarify.. I agree that if Janelle double crossed Maggie she had no chance to win. But if she lost - legit or not (and it wasn't revealed) - to Janelle, she would have won 100%. Janelle knew she couldn't beat Maggie, and Ivette was her best option. But that group of nuts were 100% loyal to the team - for some unknown reason. She would have won. I agree on the Eric comment as well. When he was in the house I didn't mind him, but it was more his followers, that ruined him for me. James's biggest problem is that he couldn't win when it mattered the most - in HoH. Veto's are great for saving your butt, but to swing momentum you need to get the HoH.

September 22 2005 at 11:20 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sblmnl

Best season in a while. I'm looking forward to seeing Janelle in Playboy and Howie doing wacky Jedi weather reports on KCBS T.V.. Maybe next summer will be the BB ALLSTARS season!

September 22 2005 at 6:31 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Eric B

LC is making sense of things once again. Ivette had a better chance of winning 500k with Maggie than with Janelle. Why? They said it during the jury guests all sharing, if Ivette would have kept Janelle, then they all would have voted for Janelle and not Ivette due to breaking the promise they made. With that said, I'm glad Maggie won, she played the game extremely well to the point she was not a target. America's choice is simply put America's choice, and to me it seems that America is very superficial and voted that way. Then again, that's my point of view. The low point for the Howie/Janelle team was when they both would call other names and continue doing so for voting out Kayser. Well guess what, that was extremely tactical of their part to do so. James did try to turn on his team by swearing on a bible to Ivette, but that seems to have already been forgotten, heck, even his fiance didn't see that and she was lied to by James in end as well. So to end things, Maggie won, congrats to her, it was well deserved. As for Ivette, her face proved what she thought of Maggie winning, but oh well, I wouldn't be happy either to loosing. Enjoy your day and see you all for BB7 ;)

September 21 2005 at 6:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
LC

I don't know why everyone thinks that Ivette gave the money away. If she would have voted Maggie out, Maggie would have felt so betrayed that she would have voted for Janelle. April and Jennifer would have as well. Howie and Rachel would have obviously picked Janelle as well, so she was a shoe in for losing had she done that. Like Guido said, her best bet would have been to throw the competition and Let Janelle win, but that was too risky and she wouldn't have even won the $50k had she done that. I'm just glad that April didn't win it. She was probably the only one I did not like on the show. She would constantly lie about what she said although the show would repeat what she said in clips. I mean how do you say you forget you say that Americans suck? To tell you the truth, Eric wasn't on the show long enough for me to form an opinion about him. I think I probably gave him an unfair shake because I was irritated and the Jonesian worship the "friendship" had over him, but he was right. Kaysar was so upset over what Jennifer did, yet he did exactly the same thing. The other side may have preached their honesty ad nauseum, but Kaysar has said numerous times that he would play with integrity as well. This is why James was my favorite. His only allegiance was to Sara and himself. He had a couple of blunders that wound up hurting him in the end though. Janelle has also grown to be a favorite of mine. Just the fact that she could reconcile her feelings for Ivette and base her vote on how she played the game, despite how she felt about her personally, shows that she was a player of integrity.

September 21 2005 at 5:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dustin

Ellen said . . . Hows that going for ya Kaysar, IDIOT. A Big Brother first, you got voted out Twice. :-) obviously you didn't watch season three. Amy Crews was voted out of the Big Brother house twice. please know what you are talking about before you speak. you look like an idiot otherwise :)

September 21 2005 at 4:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
demi_god420@hotmail.com

Oh trust me freddie I will never forget about my summer with Janelle.

September 21 2005 at 4:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
joe

I wake up this morning not worried about Janie and Howie, but in delight that J-Blo, April, and Maggot will get on the internet and realize how much America despises them. BB is over but America has spoken: Janie and Howie are in store for bigger things...

September 21 2005 at 2:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Scott

Freddy, you're right, no one will remember any of these people in a month. But the 'Friendship' blabbed on adn on about integruty while trying to back door people and stab each other. April and Jen where seconds away from evicting Ivette at one point. I don't dislike them as people, I don't know them well enough to say that. I can say the 'Friendship' constantly ticked me off with their self-righteous talk about how great they were and how they deserved to win and that the Six were evil. Any idiot who calls a couple people trying to win 500K in a game designed to make people lie and trick is too stupid to ever deserve the money. Especially when they went back on their own word just as much.

September 21 2005 at 1:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Connie

This is the first time I couldn't care less about the final two. Both of them didn't deserve to win. I wish the jury would have revolted on national television. America knows that Janelle should have won!

September 21 2005 at 1:06 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Janelle#1

I think Howie said it best, (he's one of a few who got the loudest cheers) When he said "Well i can't vote for Americas #1 choices...so i am left to vote for Americas # 2 losers" I can't remember his exact words, but it was to that extent. Maggie played a good game by keeping her team together, and Ivette beat out Maggie in the final comps, earning her place in final 2. However the real winner of bb6 are JANELLE, HOWIE, AND KAYSAR!!! They wont be a distan memories to true BB fans, we will remember them ass allstars! Look forward to seeing them all on a station/T.V. near you. I hope the nerd herd read how much they were hated, and still are! Ecxpecially that BITCH JEN!!! They are all people i would not want to be friends with on the outside. And best part of the show, was when Cappy tried to talk, and the audience booed him!!! hahaha, he needs to take a backseat to Kaysar! Anyways I hope bb7 lives up to "Team Kaysars" Group... "What's up Rachel, and Howie, whats up Janie,whats up Mikey, Whats up KAYSARRRRR!!!!!!!!"

September 21 2005 at 10:58 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply