October 1, 2014

Cooper and Vartan, sittin' in a tree. K-I-T-C-H-E-N

by Bob Sassone, posted Oct 3rd 2005 11:44AM

Michael VartanOK, so it doesn't rhyme, and barely makes sense. But I haven't had my caffeine yet today.

FOX says that ex-Alias star Michael Vartan (oh, how it hurts to type "ex-Alias star") will guest star on Kitchen Confidential, the sitcom headed by another Alias alum, Bradley Cooper!

This is all a crossover, right? Will is in the witness protection program. Maybe his new name (his ALIAS) is Jack Bourdain, and he's a cook in New York now. Vaughn wasn't really killed off, he's in the witness protection program and will be going to New York to work in the same restaurant as Will. Eventually, they'll both be found out by a customer who comes into the restaurant and they'll have to contact Sydney for help. All on very special crossover episodes of Alias and Kitchen Confidential during sweeps period.

Melissa

I think they are faking his death until he can recover from the enormou amount of bullet holes...since people are after him. Sydney doesn't seem too devestated

October 11 2005 at 8:24 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nichelle

THE SYD/VAUGHN THING WAS THE KEY TO ALIAS. NO MORE VAUGHN, NO MORE WATCHING FOR THIS FAMILY. WHAT DAY AND TIME IS KITCHEN CONFIDENTIAL?

October 06 2005 at 10:47 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jdui71

I'm glad that we will still see him on tv land. I need my weekly fill of his hotness. I will have to pull out some of his movies to tie me over till he graces my tv again. I was very ticked they killed him off because Jennifer was feeling uncomfortable with him being on the show with her now that she is married to goofball Ben. Grow up people, don't date your co-stars. It never works and then the good guy has to leave. CRAP CRAP CRAP. I hope the show goes all to Crap now.

October 05 2005 at 10:38 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sophie SARRET

As a French fan of Alias, I was utterly disappointed to read what happened to M. Vaughn in the new season. Many of my friends also feel the same and we think Alias will lose many French fans because of Vartan's kill off. The relationship between Sydney and Vaughn was Alias's magical touch. They killed it and will cetainly regret it. Yours truly,

October 05 2005 at 4:42 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gordy

I'm just not sure Vaughan is dead. It just seemed odd. Not to mention, noone ever dies on Alias...realy.

October 04 2005 at 9:27 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Elaine

Love Michael Vartan and when his character died, Alias died for me as well and I expect the ratings to tank over the next few episodes. In reading many of the Alias message boards, I'm not the only one who will stop watching...there will be many. Bad Robot/ABC really underestimated MV's popularity and hopefully will pay dearly for it.

October 03 2005 at 2:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
vince

I liked his character but I didn't like him, I liked Will better though

October 03 2005 at 12:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
spongy

Am I like the only one who never ever liked Michael Vartain nor his character on Alias? I always thought that because of her relationship with Vaugn... it made Syd this ball of bad-sentimental-schmoo-spy and that *hit doesn't fly with me. I say about time and that guy shooting Vaughn in the chest like a billion times? Best.Scene.Evah. Of course, I'm sure I won't be so lucky and they'll bring back the bastard, but I can pretend and stop watching the show now that Vaughn is dead. Maybe Syd will go back to being a kickass spy again after she has the baby or knowing JJ Abrams, maybe not. He can mozyonup to Kitchen Confidential, I for one won't miss him.

October 03 2005 at 12:26 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply