December 22, 2014

You WILL be assimilated: Rachael Ray to host daily talk show

by Bob Sassone, posted Oct 5th 2005 5:01PM

Rachael RayRachael Ray's quest for world domination continues: she's now going to host her own daily syndicated talk show. And before you say it's too much Ray, be advised that Oprah herself is going to produce the show, under her Harpo production company and with King World, who bring us Jeopardy! and Wheel of Fortune. Remember what Oprah did for Dr. Phil?

Welcome to the world of daytime talk shows Ms. Borg Ray. Do you any Rachael Ray coffee mugs or mousepads, or maybe some pajamas?

Michael

Chef JoAnna 9 - would you prefer a whole "serious" hour of culinary TV? Lighten up - the whole point that Rachael is getting this chance is because she seems to be a best friend right through the TV without all the pretense of food snobs.

November 27 2005 at 8:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mary Lou Frisch

Rachael Ray sold her soul/first born to the devil. I find this the only explanation to her success. In addition, Oprah is making a big mistake backing this show--RR can only be tolerated for a set amount of time. Oprah, RR's show will be another Beloved.

October 27 2005 at 5:22 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Chef JoAnna

perky is as perky does. She's too cutesy to handle anything serious. Will there be a drinking game for this lifestyle show, too? I have a longer rant on my site.

October 07 2005 at 1:16 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
elizabeth

I hope they give her some lessons on presentation or something. . . whenever she's not doing something productive with her hands, she overuses her hand gestures. She's like a female version of Dana Carvey's imitation of George Bush. I'll still watch the 30 Minute Meals reruns.

October 06 2005 at 6:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
W. Virtue

Ahhh I love it when rachael stands and talk to the camera. or When she cooks and talks to the camera or when she walks to the fridge and talks............. Should be interesting.

October 06 2005 at 5:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Michael G

I wouldn't worry Sarah, the Food Network will continue to run every back show of 30 min meals, till she comes back. I just think she is to 'perky' to handle the serious stuff.

October 06 2005 at 10:36 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lorie

I am so happy for Rachael! She is such an excellent role model for enterprising young women today, and kudos for the Oprah nod - not exactly an easy thing to get, and what could be better for her career?

October 06 2005 at 10:10 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sarah gilbert

oh, Rachael Ray! don't go over to the Dark Side. *sigh* I wonder what this means for all her Food Network shows? I can't live without my daily fix of 30 minute meals...

October 06 2005 at 3:25 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lacy Hall

I love it when she opens a can of something and just dumps it in the pot. She's the only TV cook who uses canned and frozen products. It's great.

October 05 2005 at 11:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply