October 30, 2014

Michael Vartan news: here's why you should always get a signature

by Bob Sassone, posted Oct 12th 2005 12:20PM

Michael VartanEveryone's wondering, "Is Vaughn really dead?" and "Why did Michael Vartan leave Alias?" and "Who the hell is the frozen dude in the box?" Well, Ausiello at TV Guide has some (possible) answers.

It went like this: after his breakup with Jennifer Garner, he wanted to leave the show, and told producers maybe Vaughn could die on assignment. They said no, you have a contract. Then this season producers wanted to give the show a boost and remembered that Vartan wanted to be killed off so they wrote the current story. By this time Vartan had changed his mind and wanted to stay, but the producers already had the story in motion. They always planned to have Vartan come back for a few episodes...but they never got Vartan to sign that contract!

Luckily, negotiations are continuing...stay tuned...

(And if you're wondering if the popsicle in the box is Vaughn, Ausiello says "that would be a little too obvious, don't you think?" - which you can take any way you like. Personally, I think it's Rambaldi in the box - a little too sci-fi, but it's probably the last season of the show, so why not go out with a big bang and end the Rambaldi story once and for all?)

VALERIE SHAW

THEY NEED VAUGHN BACK TO COMPLETE THE SHOW,HAVE THEM FINALLY GET MARRIED, BRING BACK LINA OLIN AND HAVE HER RECONNECT WITH JACK, WHAT AN EXCITING COUPLE. STICK WITH WHAT WORKED AND THE RATINGS WILL RETURN, HAVE JJ CONCENTRATE ON ALIAS SEEMS SPREAD TOO THIN WITH ALL OF THE OTHER PROJECTS THAT IS WHY THE RATINGS WENT DOWN. THE SHOW WAS AND STILL CAN BE THE BEST, STICK WITH IT!

December 09 2005 at 11:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kathrine

I've watched Alias from the beginning, have bought and watched every season repeatedly, and cannot STAND this season!!! Its incredibly BORING and plot-less. The new actors have such boring dialogue...Syd's role sucks (yeah, b/c she's preg...but maybe she should have been more careful about that since she was under contract)....nothing happens on the show!!!! Sloan's role is played out enough by this time, Spydaddy should have grown/changed by this time....UGH, I hate it! I will NOT be buying or watching this season! Also, no one seems to have mentioned the fact that Alias started becomming the JG show last season (which is obvious since the intro is all clips of HER), when she started becomming a producer. Its so sad to me that these people have run an amazing show into the ground. I hope JJ is working on another great project b/c he's incredible! And if he does, hopefully he wont let other people take control of it and screw it all up

December 05 2005 at 10:44 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Cynthia

I am totally lost! My husband and I discovered Alias on Netflix just last month (10-2005). We had never heard of it nor seen it in the original TV series. Now we are seeing like 10 or more episodes a week and trying to catch up with this year's pitiful story line. I'm a little up on the news about Jennifer with Ben Affleck and how she dumped Michael Vartan. She must be a crazy chick to dump the hottiest hottie ever for a burnt out alcoholic/gambling addict who never could make a committment to any other woman and still hasn't married Jennifer. What's wrong with her? OK, enough of that...what's wrong with ABC to off Michael Vaughn from the show? It sucks without him and she looks as bored with it all as we are. I'm glad we have our time now with the early seasons and I dread having to finsh these DVDs and only have this idiotic season to watch. What a pity!

November 29 2005 at 11:10 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
dfaith

i really love michael vartan/agent vaughn and im so pissed off with d way d show turned out ths season i love d action scenes with a little bit of romance bt how now, i wish theres a beter reason behind this or should i expect d unexpected...

November 27 2005 at 11:27 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Aissa

I'm with the "baby" thing being so un-Alias, but not having Vaughn there is like not having a liquids after a meal. Very disrespectful to the followers of this show, not to mention to Vartan who deserves consideration over some drunakrd who has nothing to do with the show's rating from day one. I seriously implore on the crew.. You owe it to us, your avid followers to give us a decent story line and ending. You seriously have a lot of butting heads and rewriting to do.. Get Vartan BACK.

November 25 2005 at 1:53 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jenn

I agree that the show has sucked since Vaughn has been taken off. I use to watch it religiously every week and if I wasn't home to watch I made sure it was recorded to watch later. Now I could care less if I miss an episode. They so need to bring him back. The story line so sucks without him. I still like JG and think she is great but I don't think the show will make it much longer with out him. Hopefully someone from ABC reads these message boards to see what fans really think!!!

November 15 2005 at 11:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Adriana

I'm really sad about Alias. For me, it was the best spy show ever, and the 4 seson is really sad. Sadder is MV death. It really sucks. Were JJ are with his head??? Please, delete the last 6 episodes and think about the show again! How writting people can destroy such an amzing story???

November 13 2005 at 6:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jean

Michael Vartan is a large missing element this season despite the lack of luster in Sydney's and Vaughn's chemistry seen last season, he made me return each week. I certainly miss his dreamy eyes and intellect, will be interesting to see where this season goes.

November 12 2005 at 10:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
April

I hate the show now that Vaughn is gone too. I spent the next two weeks after he died watching and hoping that it was all some kind of plot twist. I couldn't believe they would let one of the most integral people on the show just go. And who are all of these new people anyway? Are the people at ABC trying to sneak tham in? Do they really think that the viewers will want to watch a bunch of people that we don't know or care about? The reason that I loved this show so much is because of how everyone seemed intertwined. Now I just think that I am watching strangers. I hate it. Bring back Vaughn. Bring back Sydnie's mom and sister. Make the show interesting and engaging again. I think that I might stop watching if they don't.

November 10 2005 at 9:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Deirdre

I agree with all the postings that say it was a mistake to axe Michael Vartan/Vaughan. In fact, I thought it was a mistake (as some of your other comments say) to make it the "Jennifer Garner Show" I thought the change in the introduction sequence - to just showing pics of JG in her different guises - was a mistake. I did change the show's ethos from being an ensemble company to JG and a few other guys - and God Knows she isn't THAT interesting in season 4. (I am from England and we haven't seen Season 5 yet). I have watched the show from the beginning, but I doubt if I shall watch much more. A shame. such a good show to run aground on JG's ego. And what about Weiss? His character has been messed around too. Bad judgement all round, I'm afraid.

November 10 2005 at 9:54 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply