December 22, 2014

Watercooler Talk: What shows do you want to see in iTunes?

by Ryan j Budke, posted Oct 13th 2005 2:11PM
itunesSo now that Apple is one step closer to total digital world domination, we here at TV Squad have only one concern: what's on TV? And since you can now take some of your favorite shows with you wherever you go, we were wondering what shows would you like to see the iTunes music store offer? Given that Apple seems to have partnered with ABC, which is owned by Disney, personally, I'd love to see them start to offer collections of old Disney short cartoons. I'm not talking about Darkwing Duck or The Rescue Rangers or any of that ilk, I want some of the old "Donald in the Army" or "Mickey, Donald and Goofy go camping" type cartoons. They'd be a perfect fit, since you could knock one out in a few minutes. Sell a collection of them for the normal $1.99 and break each "episode" up as chapters in an enhanced podcast. Genius! Why don't I work for Apple? Hey C.K....

Daniel

Highlander and Nikita please. I would also say Babylon5 and Buffy, if I didn't already have them on DVD

November 30 2005 at 6:36 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nick Roman

Fear Factor, Family Guy, WWE Raw and Smackdown, G4tv shows

October 25 2005 at 10:38 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
emutree

Veronica Mars, Alias (come on - it's on ABC!), Prison Break, The O.C., How I Met Your Mother, CSI and the entire series of Friends. I'd also love to see some Disney and Looney Toons shorts, and some more Saturday-morning style cartoons.

October 15 2005 at 10:43 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Piotr Malecki

I add my vote for the new Doctor Who series as well as Battlestar Galactica. Other great programs could include PBS' Nova and BBC's Horizons.

October 15 2005 at 4:19 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
pmsg

D'oh! The Simpsons!

October 15 2005 at 2:19 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tim Rosencrans

A cool thing would be subscriptions to some of the daily news shows ala video podcast. Imagine getting up in the morning and watching last nights Daily Show or SportsCenter on your iPod during your morning commute (assuming of course you don't drive) or at lunch.

October 14 2005 at 7:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ryan Budke

I wouldn't be surprised if we saw Alias show up on the iTunes music store within the next couple of weeks. I'd love to see a deal struck with Cartoon Network, get some stuff for the kids and some Adult Swim episodes on there. It'd be great.

October 14 2005 at 7:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
joe

Arrested Development!!! I would buy it in a heartbeat.

October 14 2005 at 6:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply

SCI FI Channel's Battlestar Galactica. Comedy Central's The Daily Show with Jon Stewart. Cartoon Network's Star Wars: Clone Wars.

October 14 2005 at 4:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Chuck McGinley

The new Dr. Who series from the BBC. It is the only reason why I used Bit Torrent. If i could get the shows here for $$$ I would gladly pay. But i would want higher resolution than the iPod resolution. I would happly pay $4.99//episode.

October 14 2005 at 4:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply