November 1, 2014

Michael J. Fox returns to TV

by Adam Finley, posted Oct 18th 2005 6:11PM

Michael J FoxIt's not as if Michael J. Fox has disappeared completely. Ever since he was diagnosed with Parkinson's and left Spin City behind, he's remained in the spotlight as a spokesperson for Parkinson's, and as a vocal advocate of stem cell research, not to mention an occasional guest role here and there. He'll be getting back into the acting game, however, with a three-episode run on Boston Legal. He'll play a man with lung cancer, and his character will become "involved" with Denise Bauer, played by Julie Bowen. If only I watched Boston Legal.

Jim

BL is worth watching for a multitude of reasons, but if nothing else the cut scenes of Boston are some of the best looking High Def content on any regular series. Last weeks episode where Crane and Shore went fishing in Canada was not only one of the funniest things I have watched in I don't know how long, but the HD shots of the Canadian wilderness were absolutely breathtaking! Oh, when Shatner's character refers to "mad cow", it's just what he says because he won't say Alzheimer's! I've always wondered why there isn't a regular column here about Boston Legal. It's a never-miss show.

October 19 2005 at 12:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Michael C. Rush

Boston Legal WAS the best show on tv last year. They destroyed it over the summer and this second season is unwatchable. Bad, bad, bad.

October 19 2005 at 10:37 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
nym9

you dont watch Boston Legal, you dont like E-Ring, but you're all over Threshhold... Boston Legal is the best show on tv, period.

October 18 2005 at 10:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
hobbster

Oh, ya gotta watch Boston Legal. I actually don't watch much tele, and lawyer shows certainly aren't my first choice when I do. But it's worth watching for the Shatner alone. The man is hillarious -- due in no small part I suppose to the fact that he claims to have mad cow disease. James Spader is quite enjoyable as well, and it's fun to see Betty White and Candace Bergen. The rest of the cast is great as well.

October 18 2005 at 9:10 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jason Anderson

I don't watch Boston Legal either. But he was great as an obsessive-compulsive doctor on Scrubs in season 3. And Spin City lost its cool when he left.

October 18 2005 at 7:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply