October 25, 2014

Do you watch these shows?

by Bob Sassone, posted Oct 30th 2005 11:15AM

Yes, DearWhen I do the "What's on tonight" posts every afternoon, I always come across a show that I've never seen. I watch a lot of television, but there are some shows that I either have no interest in seeing or they're on at the same time as a show I watch religiously and I don't want to bother with it. And it's not just me. I'm talking about the shows that no one seems to be talking about, but there they are every week.

Some of them are even in their second season. Like Rodney, for example. Do you watch this show? Do you know anyone who watches it? And it's in its second season on ABC, Tuesdays at 9:30. Or how about FOX's Killer Instinct, which is on Fridays? Or how about Hot Properties, another ABC show, which is on Fridays at 9:30.

The classic example could be Yes, Dear, a sitcom that was seemingly cancelled a couple of years ago, then found new life when the episodes CBS was trying to burn off suddenly got good ratings. It's still going strong, Wednesdays on CBS, and can also be seen in syndication.

What shows are on right now that you've never seen and you never even hear anyone talking about?

Chris

Nancy Grace is on Headline News; how you have an actual *show* on Headline News, I don't know.. Kind of like Greta Van Susteran, but minus the plastic surgery and the Scientology. She does have a rather Dan Ratherish southern charm about her, though, if that's worth anything. Yes Dear is mostly a terrible show, aside from sparse Tim Conway episode. I find that its often slighty better than The King Of Queens, the other terrible archetypical dysfunctional family sitcom on CBS; there's a certain surrealism in many of the episodes, I think. Not surprised at all its from the same guy as Earl.

November 02 2005 at 2:51 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Duane

Used to watch Yes Dear. Surprised it's still on. How about Jim Belushi's show, is that one still around? I do watch "Hot Properties", and I only know about it because I was a big fan of American Dreams and Gail O'Grady, who played the nice Irish Catholic mom of 4 now plays a desperate housewives-esque real estate agent. I don't expect it to last very long.

October 31 2005 at 11:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Petty

Since now never. But is not so late isn't it? http://www.referatele.com/referate/romana/online29/romana3.php http://www.referatele.com/referate/psihologie/online7/psihologie3.php http://www.referatele.com/referate/diverse/online15/diverse5.php

October 31 2005 at 8:58 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lost_in_finland

ive watched yes, dear.... too many times..... btw, charlie, yes,dear is not airing on fox....

October 31 2005 at 8:45 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lost_in_finland

October 31 2005 at 8:44 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sam

Yes Dear is hands down the least funniest show on Fox, and really an embarassment to their network. I can't believe they replaced King of The Hill with it. KotH was no gem, but at least it had its moments. The all-american propane and propane accessory salesman/father and the substitute spanish teacher/ boggle champion/ mother were great characters. Yes, Dear is just not funny. At all.

October 31 2005 at 7:17 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
wendell

Please note that "Yes Dear" was created by the same guy (Greg Garcia) who now brings us "My Name Is Earl". I consider it his AAA work before he made it to the majors. Still, it's had some fall-down funny moments, often thanks to Tim Conway and Jerry Van Dyke playing he fathers of a couple of the main characters, not to mention some ingeniuous 'stunt casting': Former Governor Grey Davis chases Conway around the court during a Lakers game? You had to be there.

October 30 2005 at 11:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
SamMalone

I've slashed all of these kinds of shows from my watch list since I got my Media Center PC. They can survive because they're in time slots with even worse competition. Instead I'm timeshifting the good shows that are up against better shows (see thursday's lineup).

October 30 2005 at 9:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Evadne

When I moved to my new apartment, my TV would only pick up UPN, god help me. That's how I started watching Veronica Mars, but I also discovered comedic gold like "Bad Girl's Guide," which apparently was (is?) so awful that UPN has disavowed all knowledge of it. Oh, wait, no, it's still there, just not on the pull-down menu. Man, that really is Jenny McCarthy. Nancy Grace is really irritating. I haven't watched her show on--what is it, CNN?--but I've caught her coverage of various trials on CourtTV. Of all the people CourtTV could have fired, I sure wouldn't have picked Diane Diamond. She, and most of the other correspondants, are far less grating. I imagine that Nancy Grace would be a real downer at a dinner party.

October 30 2005 at 8:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lyndon

The only shows I can think of is 7th Heaven, The War At Home and Nancy Grace. If anyone does watch Nancy Grace, is she as annoying as her commericals for her show ?

October 30 2005 at 7:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply