August 21, 2014

BREAKING NEWS: Arrested, 7th Heaven, Kitchen cancelled

by Bob Sassone, posted Nov 11th 2005 9:31AM

What Karina reported on yesterday has today been made official: FOX has cancelled the critically acclaimed Arrested Development and will also not produce anymore episodes of the show that follows it, Kitchen Confidential.

Also, the WB will bid farewell to 7th Heaven as well after 10 years. It's not a ratings thing with that show, it's more a money-saving move.

More news on this later...

El Perro Patron

AD gets cancelled but Joey is still on the air. What a world

December 11 2005 at 1:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
taige

I was really sad that it was being cancelled, but you gotta love fox for it's cut throat strategy. they take huge chances on quirky shows. remember banzai? the retarded betting show? "how long will he shake hands with adam sandler?" i loved undeclared, and andy richter, and family guy, and ESPECIALLY 24. who else dares to do these shows? i always turn to fox for the newest and most creative shows. And fox really wanted to make AD work, with the dvd releases, the marathons. it's just the ratings. without fox, you'd never even have seen an eposide of AD. PS remember how Fox tried to pre-empt Mark Burnett's boxing show? Man they are sharks. lol

December 11 2005 at 2:23 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
goialo

Seriously. Do we really need another Survivor and more CSI spinoffs than you can spit at? http://www.referaty10.com/referat/Medicina/1/Medicina3.php http://www.referaty10.com/referat/Medicina/1/Medicina2.php http://www.referaty10.com/referat/Nemcina/1/Nemcina3.php

November 29 2005 at 7:02 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Libby Norman

Have been going on about this show to all my friends in the UK and saying it's going to be the biggest thing ever. Surely I must be right and Fox must be wrong? Am gutted.

November 16 2005 at 5:17 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Chris

Please go to http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/arresteddev to sign the petition to save AD. It probably won't help but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try!!!

November 15 2005 at 2:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jason Anderson

Arrested is cancelled and fucking War at Home is still on? Simpsons is getting better, but War? My GOD, I'd rather watch The Pitt's. Also, I miss Life on a Stick. I loved that show. :( Every show I get into these days and I mean EVERY show gets cancelled shortly after I express even the slightest interest in it and recommend it to people. It never fails! For instance watch, I LOVE Monk. I guarantee it'll be cancelled by next season's end. :( I doo hope someone picks up AD. Please, ComCen or even FX.

November 13 2005 at 11:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joao Paulo

Not to mention that they were going to have Ricky Gervais as guest-star this season. That would've been great! Whatever... I never had much faith in the humankind...

November 13 2005 at 9:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lostreign

now we will never see gobias industries reach their full potential.... *tear*

November 12 2005 at 4:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
lostreign

now we will never see gobias industries reach their full potential.... *tear*

November 12 2005 at 4:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jay

Loving Arrested was like loving a terminally-ill child. You treasure every precious moment you have with it, but the moments in-between lucidity are painfully agonizing and when the end finally comes, you are still utterly devastated.

November 12 2005 at 2:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply