August 22, 2014

Alias is canceled -- BREAKING NEWS!

by Anna Johns, posted Nov 23rd 2005 8:56PM
aliasIt's all over for Sidney Bristow in May 2006. ABC says, instead of winding down, it wants Alias to go out with a bang. The network is promising a big finale to wrap up this, it's fifth and final season, but it doesn't really reveal exactly why the series is coming to an end. Was it ratings? Jen Garner's pregnancy? If there's a bright side in all of this, maybe Alias creator J.J. Abrams will have more time to devote to messing with the minds of Lost fans.

[Via tipster Charles. Thanks!]

Jeremy

Alias is really a good show. Action, snappy lines, a good plot...And it's a SERIES! 20+ of that,1 every week! If you want Alias to return,go to the following petition. The petition is real and legal:

December 28 2005 at 12:03 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tamara

Did anyone hear that Alias might get picked up by another season? If so please let me know. t_johnson58@hotmail.com. Anxiously awaiting anyone's reply. T

December 16 2005 at 2:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tamara

December 16 2005 at 2:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Alan

I lost it for the show ever since they unleashed that stupid magnetic-red-plasma ball... but i still liek this season

December 15 2005 at 2:10 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nick

Vaughn is alive, it showed it on the "Scenes from the Next Episode". Merry Christmas -NicK-

December 08 2005 at 8:05 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
The new guy

I'm sad to see the show go, but I have to ask the question: what mentally defunct person decided to change the time slot of a successful show to run up against survivor? Bunch of berks seem surprised to have to cancel a show they killed last year with the time change. I guess that means more reality morons popping up and taking the place of entertaining TV. Great.

December 05 2005 at 11:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Wade Huddleston

I am really down about CBS cancelling Threshold. The characters were very interesting. I just thought they were taking a bit too long revealing details. I am also down that they cancelled Night Stalker. I thought it was very interesting. I guess it lacked personality. Where Threshold failed Invasion has improved. Originally, I would have said Threshold would last and Invasion would go, but Invasion has really build the drama up well. Oh well! 24 is about start COOL

December 05 2005 at 5:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
KAM

Well Alias was definitely better written than 24.. at least the first 2 seasons. The thing I remember most about Alias was that almost every 3 episodes was so thrilling I was on the edge of my seat (for the first 2 seasons). Last season with the addition of nadia (which we all know adding cast members is a last ditch effort to coverup lack of storyline) it started going down. I thought maybe with 2 hot chicks kicking ass it might do ok, and it did "ok". But now adding the guy that replaced vaughn, and adding that rachel girl, its no longer even about Sidney anymore. And seriously... at the end of the first episode and they skipped ahead 4 months, that was dumb. I would like Michael to be alive still, but it seems rather moot now since its canceled. But even still, her mom was "Fake" dead, so having vaughn repeat it would just be duplicating the same event, and would end up empty and shallow. I thought they were nuts for writing season 3 where she was 2 years later, but they pulled it off with Vaughn's new wife story. But when you pull off his wife, sark, and rambaldi, the show drops dramatically. And removing vaughn and making sidney pregnant, it just got boring. Not to mention that its "rarely" advertised. No where near as much as Lost is... Oh and removing the Alias->Lost back to back was the DUMBEST move ever. Now they are moving it back after Lost, but at 9pm.. Horrible timespot.. the show would have died anyway at the timespots they gave it. Abrams got in too deep and Alias fans expected more of the extreme story lines, now he's out of ideas for it and we are left wanting too much. It had a great run, and abrams is definitely a genius in my book. Lost is fantastic and thats just getting deeper and deeper, lets see if abrams can hang on to this one, he's already impressed me taking it as far as he has!... RIP Alias, we love you.

December 04 2005 at 8:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Barry Stinson

I'm just sad - Television is supposed to provide entertainment, and Jennifer and the rest of the cast certainly did that, in a far superior way than the so-called reality junk that's out there. If ratings were truly the problem, it looks like the mindless garbage being fed to the target audience (18-49) is working.

December 02 2005 at 8:00 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Trisha

This is crap!! Was watching the show off and on through out the seasons, but caught up on all the seasons on a long rainy weekend :) and really like this show!!! This is a bummer!

December 01 2005 at 9:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply