September 1, 2014

Night Stalker lost episode available on iTunes

by Kim Voynar, posted Nov 23rd 2005 6:04PM

Night StalkerHey! Good news if you're one of the three or four Night Stalker fans out there: the series was canceled before the second part of a two-part episode aired, but the lost episode is now available for your viewing pleasure on iTunes. Hopefully the throng of Night Stalker fans rushing to download the episode won't break the iTunes servers or anything. If you're one of those Night Stalker fans who was really dying to know what happened, hey, no offense. Being a Night Stalker fan is kinda like being an Ashlee Simpson fan -- it's a dirty job, but somebody has to do it.

[via Hot Tipper Eric - thanks, dude! ]

Asad

Night Stalker is a show that is seems to be repeatedly downed by some. It never had the chance to fully develop. Indeed, it did a surprisingly excellent job of distinguishing itself (yet embracing) the older 70's version. I for one will miss the "new" and more reflective and less gregarious Kolchak, and the beautiful and talented sidekick, Perry Reed. I really think her casting in the show is a problem for some, who probably are not accustomed to seeing a young, attractive, intelligent Black woman in a leading role that does not involve her being some hooker, criminal or other Aunt Jemima role. Just as a note-the x-files series, which I loved, started off with high ratings-but also had a chance to fully develop. ABC truly dropped the ball by putting a new show, with almost no advertising and a slowly weaving and developing plot against "CSI"-what were they trying to do-get it cancelled?

December 01 2005 at 5:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mark nielsen

I'm disappointed they cancelled the show before it could fully develop. Was a big fan of the original series (even though i was a 'young pup' at the time).It figures ABC would cancel the show without allowing what few fans it had to see the 2nd part of the episode. 'Night Stalker' & 'My Name is Earl' were the only two new shows I enjoyed this season. If not for MNF I wouldn't watch ABC at all.

December 01 2005 at 2:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kyle

why do you guys hate night stalker so much? sure, the plot lines were horribly unbelievable, but it was still a good show. always kept me interested right to the end of each ep, which is more than i can say about lots of other shows, including *gasp* ... Lost (well, sometimes anyways)

November 23 2005 at 9:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mark Rabinowitz

I've been out of town on a business trip, so I didn't know the show had been cancelled. Bummer.

November 23 2005 at 7:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jeff stiefer

ouch...where did that Ashlee slam come from? Damn...harsh. Dont get me wrong...i agree...but damn : ) jeffro

November 23 2005 at 7:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply