April 23, 2014

Threshold is canceled - BREAKING NEWS!

by Bob Sassone, posted Nov 23rd 2005 10:10PM

ThresholdWell, not good news for fans of good TV shows tonight, eh? What sanna said in the Alias post has been confirmed by Kristin over at E! Threshold has been canceled.

Weird timing. Not only did the show get moved to Tuesdays, but they also just signed Catherine Bell. Now she's gonna have to find another job.

More details here.

Robert

What is going on with the Studio bosses? This is the second of my favourite shows to be axed in a year! First was the axing of Enterprise (another top notch offering from the Star Trek line) and now Threshold! What is wrong with these poeple? It's about time they started looking at the international viewing figures and not just the local/national figures. I read it (Threshold) was pulling 7.8 million viewers in the US, we (my wife and I) have watched the series from episode 1, without fail, over here in the UK and we are amazed that a show with such potential could have the carpet ripped from under it's feet so quickly. Goodness knows how many viewers it was pulling over here and in Europe where it has been aired on Sky TV. The only thing that describes the decision of the TV bosses seems to be "MADNESS!"

December 30 2005 at 6:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
anatou

Once again a show that is too intelligent for the majority to follow is axed. Lame.

December 30 2005 at 2:46 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Faerie

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!! My worst fears are confirmed! I thought something terrible was up...
1)they moved the show
2)kept pre-empting it
3)I really liked it
which all means of course that the show was doomed!
But why? Because it wasn't boring, inane, and plotless?
sigh...I knew there was a reason I hated tv.

December 22 2005 at 4:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jim

Threshold was the sci-fi show that I wanted to watch most of Surface, Invasion and Threshold. I NEVER watched it though. WHY??? Well, the idiots at ABC premiered it on the same night as the Stargate SG-1, Stargate Atlantis and Battlestar Galactica finales on Sci-Fi. I'm sorry, but Sci-fi geeks like me arent' going to miss season finales to try out a new show. BIG MISTAKE. I did watch Invasion and liked it, even though it was a little slow-moving, but that was canceled too. At least I think it was. The abc website says nothing about it. I guess it's the Sci-Fi channel and Netflix for me from here on out.

December 16 2005 at 6:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tosh

damn! - we are on about episode 6 over in the UK and i am really getting into this. we better get the whole season

December 15 2005 at 6:54 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Eric Polozune

The rating that I saw for Threshold were good. It seems that CBS never had any intention of keeping the program going. Too bad. Brega should have sold the show to WB, UPN, Sci-Fi or some network that actually had an intention of paying attention to the ratings of a well crafted show. I really enjoyed the show, a lot!

December 14 2005 at 9:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Veronica

WTF, CBS?!? The cancellation of Threshold makes me want to boycott anything that CBS has on the air. I am so tired of the reality crap that's out there or the oh-so-similar crime dramas. That goes for the other channels, too. Threshold deserved a chance. It had an interesting premise, decent stories and a good cast. And Carla Gugino in the lead -- come on!! I hate CBS even more for the fact that they couldn't even air the rest of the season!!! Give us a break!! I think viewers deserved a little more than that, even if the show didn't win the ratings war. I repeat -- WTF, CBS!! I hope that another network will have a little more sense. Go SkyOne in the UK!! Hopefully, we'll be able to get the unaired eps some day.

December 14 2005 at 12:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nnoel

I absolutely loved this show! It's like a nightmare. I still don't understand why the network canceled it so fast! It was only given one chance on Tuesday and than they promoted it as a "special time" and not "moved to" Tuesday. Is there anyway to bring it back? I like Invasion and never got interested in Surface but I really became invested in all of the characters in Threshold. They are so well rounded and they really jump off of the screen. I also hope another network picks it up. At least one who is braver than CBS and loyal to their fans! And those of you who think it's terrible, obviously do not know good, quality television.

December 14 2005 at 3:47 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
joseph Watt

After weeks of trying to find what CBS did with my new favorite show - to find out now it's been canceled is terrible news. I agree with everyone one here... if network TV expects us to EVER take the time to watch a new series again, they are going to have to commit to 2 years, at the minimum. Otherwise, we will stay with HBO and Showtime, who commit to their new projects for at least 2 seasons. Shame on CBS! What do you think would have happened to Frazier if they started moving that around, then preempt it and leave it's viewers trying to find it again? Boo & Hiss to CBS. I was even so stupid, I was watching the iTunes TV store for it to appear there. I was ready to cough up the money in a heartbeat. Only to find out now it's canceled? Never again CBS. In protest, I will stop watching the rest of your shows too. After all, you could pull them at any moment too. I will stay with HBO.

December 13 2005 at 8:51 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mike stevens

Why is CBS cancled threshold a very good si-fi show but leave it to the big Wigs to leave crap on and remove the good shows.

December 12 2005 at 11:18 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply