October 22, 2014

The Five: TV characters I'd like to meet under the mistletoe

by Anna Johns, posted Dec 1st 2005 2:31PM
naveen andrewsA recent poll by Lifetime found that women would rather lock lips with Brad Pitt than Vince Vaughn (who could argue that?). It also found that women prefer Bruce Willis to Ashton Kutcher, and Owen Wilson to Luke Wilson (wha?). None of the polls included fellas from television, so I thought I would make my own list. I narrowed my choices down to men who currently have shows on television, otherwise Alan Tudyk, David Duchovny and Joshua Jackson would be in a three-way tie for first. These are The Five: TV characters I'd like to make out with meet under the mistletoe:

5. Danny Taylor (Enrique Murciano), Without a Trace Danny Taylor's soft voice, conviction, and slightly over-inflated ego make him extremely kissable. Plus, whenever he wrinkles his forehead in genuine concern, my heart just melts.john krasinski
4. Jim (John Krasinski), The Office Poor Jim is such a sweetheart and so head-over-heels in love with his co-worker, Pam, who is engaged to a guy who doesn't appreciate her like we all know Jim would. Jim just needs a good smack on the lips this holiday season to get his mind off Pam.
3. Sayid (Naveen Andrews), Lost I like a man who knows how to build a tent out of a tarp and some sticks, but can also torture a guy to near-death. Here's a man who set up one of his oldest friends for a terrorism charge, all because he wanted the love of his life back. Sayid strikes me as the kind of guy who is picky about who he kisses. Sign me up!
2. Derrick Shepherd (Patrick Dempsey), Grey's Anatomy For me, it's the eyes. Dr. McDreamy can give a very compassionate look just with his eyes. Ya gotta respect him for trying to make things work with his wife, who is much more interesting than Meredith Grey's character (Go, Addison!). Plus, he's damn sexy in those scrubs.
josh holloway1. Sawyer (Josh Holloway), Lost What can I say? Sawyer is a bad boy who would make me feel bad about myself. He would come up with a nickname for me that is endearing, yet ironic and slightly mean. Sure, he'd treat me like crap, but man-oh-man, I bet he's an awesome kisser. He's passionate, mysterious, and a total jerk. Just my type.
P.S. Josh, I'm planning a trip to Hawaii this spring. You pick the place, I'll bring the mistletoe.

Amber

Let me say that your choice for Josh Holloway as #1 is indeed great! He's so handsome, his yum statis is right up there with Brad Pitt. I'd also like to mention the hilariously witty comment by "Lacy Hall" about being on the "SS R. Kelley" for liking cute youngin's like Josh Jackson of Dawson's Creek; I had a good little laugh. I too had a little "Pacey" crush at the time, not something a 30 year old wants to mention really. I can not wait to see more romance on LOST with Sawyer and Kate!

December 13 2005 at 2:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Cathy Mann

My top 5 ? 1) Danny Taylor 2) Danny Taylor 3) Danny Taylor 4) Danny Taylor 5) Danny Taylor I think you get the idea by now!!

December 09 2005 at 8:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Corey

Ok, I don't watch very much TV but the name Alan Tudyk caught my eye. He's defintely on my list whether he has a current show on TV or not. Heck, I wouldn't chance any of the Men from Firefly away if they wander under my mistletoe. That would be Nathan Fillion, Adam Baldwin and Sean Maher, as well. Anna, you have good taste.

December 05 2005 at 1:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Eric Hale

By Nicole "My Top Five: 1) Evangeline Lilly - Kate (Lost)..." I would like to see that!

December 04 2005 at 10:52 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Eric Hale

Anna... Jason's gonna be pissed. I would like to see post of "My Husband's Five" Or maybe the "Five I Would Pick, if I Were a Guy." Very insightful and funny. You'd take Sawyer or Sayid over Jack? Babe, who's gonna pay the bills? Great post. I love it. Eric

December 04 2005 at 10:51 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Nicole

My Top Five: 1) Evangeline Lilly - Kate (Lost) (The rest being very far behind Evangeline Lilly) 2) Naveen Andrews - Sayid (Lost) 3) Hugh Laurie - Dr. House (House) 4) Adam Brody - Seth Cohen (OC) 5) Nik (Contestant on America's Next Top Model) I'd put Lost's Jake on the list as well, but then he and Kate might be a little too caught up with each-other to notice me.

December 03 2005 at 1:45 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rachel

Oh yeah... and Vince from Entourage. His eyes are dreamy and he stars in my favorite cheesy movie "Drive Me Crazy."

December 02 2005 at 4:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rachel

I would definitely take Vince over Brad. I'm a sucker for personality and he seems like he's got it. Brad looks hot, but also like he's as smart as a doorknob. And like my doorknobs, I want to just use them; they don't need to talk! I would definitely bring the mistletoe and hot butter to Matthew Fox. He's 10 times as hot now than his Party of Five days. And there's is something very hot about Jason Bateman. Oh wait -- I think it's his FACE. Wasn't a fan back in the day, but I can't get enough of looking at him on Arrested Development. Also, even though I don't dig the Earl moustache, I love Jason Lee.

December 02 2005 at 4:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mike

Logan - I'm with you on Det. Benson. She's a hottie.

December 02 2005 at 4:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Karen

I don`t know about the Life Time viewer poll but i would kiss Vince Vaughn over Brad Pitt anyday.and the actor thats on tv Julian Mcmahon is on the top of my list.

December 02 2005 at 4:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply