All Anna wants for Festivus

by Anna Johns, posted Dec 10th 2005 4:35PM
kate sawyer It's a good thing Festivus isn't a religious holiday, because my requests for sex and death on my favorite television shows might not be appropriate.

Here's what I want:

• Kill off a character on CSI The cast of the original CSI is getting B-O-R-I-N-G. The writers tried introducing a new character last season by adding that CSI chick whose name I can't remember to the mix, but they quickly gave up on her as an antagonist and this season they shoved her out to a very small supporting role as a detective. Here's what you do: kill off Nick. That'll freak people out. Either that, or bring back the twisted mind of Quentin Tarantino.
  • Renew My Name is Earl for a second season I think NBC gets that this is a very funny show with a great lead actor and supporting actors like Jaime Pressly. There are also some killer one-liners. I think it probably will get renewed, but sometimes it's nice to ask for something you know you're going to get.
  • Have a little faith in Scrubs NBC doesn't seem to get how great of a show Scrubs really is. Yes, it keeps getting renewed. But, I think NBC considers Scrubs its very own Yes, Dear. The show was put on the back burner for the first half of this season and now it's a randomly-placed comedy on Tuesday nights, squished between Fear Factor and rehashed episodes of The Biggest Loser.
  • Kate & Sawyer hook-up on Lost I don't care that it's on during the family hour, this show needs some sex! Kate's make-out session with Jack didn't cut it. I'll even choose a location: the shower. Or the waterfall. Or the beach. Or the black ship. Or...
  • The strength to not watch American Idol Every year I say I'm not going to watch American Idol because most of the Top 12 contestants suck, I hate the music, and Ryan Seacrest's ego is inflating at an alarming rate. Then I see the promos for the auditions.
  • The Serenity DVD Wash!

Miss Bliss

I'm SHOCKED at all these people disliking--dare I say hating? --Sara Sidle. She's my most favourite (besides my beloved Grissom), I think she's so odd looking it makes her stunningly beautiful. I find her character the most complex, c'mon Warick the stereotypical and one-dimensional Aftrican-American with his word'em up 'gangsta' slang; ho's on the go, etc. His gambling addiction is boring and goes nowhere. Nick has grown on me I have to say, with his country boy naivete. But still there's nothing that is magnetic about him. I like Catherine, but it's a character that is not new. I think Sara's relationship with Grissom is HOT, maybe it's my issues with father figures, but their sexual chemistry/tension was strange and interesting. I am almost thinking of not watching the show anymore because of Sara leaving, I felt like there was a lot more they could have done with her past, and her relationship with Grissom.
Ah well, I just had to get my love of Sara on here.

November 23 2007 at 12:32 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
DS

Actually - Scrubs is airing between Fear Factor and Law & Order: SVU (not the Biggest Loser). But your point is still taken!

December 11 2005 at 11:26 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Anna

I'm find with CBS killing off Grissom. I agree that Sara's character sucks, but I don't think anyone would care if her character got killed off. I want to see them rock the boat, baby!

December 10 2005 at 9:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jaymez

I've heard that William Petersen wants off of CSI a5t contracts end because he isnt happy with the franchising of the series ala L&O. He, very well, may be the one to go. I think before he goes go, Grissom will hook up with Sara. I'd much rather kill of Sara (Jorja Fox). She's a bitch that boarders on the edge of the "C" word and she doesn't add anything to the show. Her fights with her superiors are pointless and she always comes across as a little too smug when she figures something out. I'll add to the wish list and ask that "Mother" be put on a better night. I've only seen it a few times, and while it was funny, it's not funny enough to get me to switch from my regular programming. Mondays, 8:30 on Thursdays, or Fridays, would be would be best for me. Oh, and get rid of Bob Saget. Someone else can do the voice-overs if they're really needed. I've hated him since Full House.

December 10 2005 at 8:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jamie

i like the switch between Sawyer and kate. As the show foes on, Sawyer is becoming moe of a good person while Kate is revealed as being selfisj and amoral. By the time it's all over, assuming Kate deoesn't redeem herself, you may think Sawyer is too good for her.

December 10 2005 at 7:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Evadne

I agree that the CSI cast is bloated (why try to add someone -else- when they can barely use the people they have? I'll never understand why some shows feel the need to do that. The original Law and Order never feels crowded), but I wouldn't kill off Nick--unlike much of the rest of the cast, George Eads isn't phoning it in. A few years ago, I would have agreed. As much as it pains me to say it, these days, it's Grissom who's dead weight. If they would just do more good episodes like last week's and the earlier "Gum Drops"--both light on Grissom, although last week's had a good Grissom moment--I'd be happy.

December 10 2005 at 5:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply