September 17, 2014

On the 4th day of Festivus, TV gave to me

by Anna Johns, posted Dec 13th 2005 5:08PM
six feet under...four killed-off characters.
  • Shannon, Lost  Shannon was the biggest bitch on the island until Ana Lucia came along and shot her. We will all miss Shannon and her sunbathing, her sneer, her clear, make-up free complexion, and her hallucinations. Shannon was preceded in death by her father and her step-brother, Boone, with whom she had a one-night stand before getting in a plane crash. She leaves behind a wicked stepmother and a really hot Iraqi.
  • Nick Stokes, CSI  One can only hope...
  • Michael Vaughn, Alias  He was hot. Really, really hot. And sexy. There was more to Vaughn than meets the eye. Just as everything was looking happy for him and Syd, he revealed that he was a double agent and his name was not Michael Vaughn. Then he got T-Boned in a car crash. And shot. He leaves behind a shocked fiance and the fruit of his loins.
  • Caleb Nichol, The O.C. Who will everyone love to hate now? Sure, his widow is a manipulative bitch, but she has some redeeming qualities, like the way she booted Jeri Ryan out of The O.C. before that storyline got even dumber. We will miss Caleb for the way that he drove his daughters to drugs and alcohol and his knack for ruining every family get-together. Caleb leaves behind a wife, two daughters, one of whom will no doubt be back soon since FOX cancelled her other show, and a goofball of a grandson.
  • Everyone, Six Feet Under  I fudged this one. Nate was the only one we saw die. The poor fella had only recently returned home, when his father died, to help his brother, David, manage the family funeral home. Over six years, he and his family managed to make a royal mess of their lives. The series ended with Nate dying of a brain hemorrhage. We also learned the fate of the rest of the family who die in the following order: Ruth, Keith, David, Rico, Brenda and Claire.
Twelve commenters commenting
Eleven instrumental themes a playing
Ten best one-liners
Nine stupid storylines
Eight trends a-setting
Seven silly sweeps stunts
Six biggest bitches
Five cancelled shows!

Anna

Um, Tim. I'm writing about 4 major characters that were killed off this year. Just because I don't watch Alias or Six Feet Under doesn't mean I shouldn't include them in a list of four characters killed off this year. I can only imagine your reaction if I left Michael Vaughn off the list completely. I apologize that I didn't get my info quite right and I appreciate the assistance. By the way... thanks for the rundown, Tony C! I may not watch the show but I have seen plenty of photos and promos with Michael Vartan and I know he's a hottie!

December 13 2005 at 11:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
tim

5. Heh heh... can you tell which shows I don't watch? Busted! Um. So why are you writing about these shows? Calacanis? Are you paying attention?? (And, yes, Ken, that was my point, thanks)

December 13 2005 at 10:39 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tony C

**WARNING** **ALIAS SPOILERS** **STOP READING NOW IF YOU HAVEN'T CAUGHT UP WITH THE CURRENT SEASON** LOL Anna... I guess I assumed that with the "He was hot. Really, really hot. And sexy." comments, I would've shoed you in as a fan of the show. Imagine my shock when you revealed that you didn't watch it! :O Michael Vaughn (nee Andre Michaux, but that's another mysterious sub-plot) survived the car wreck, even though he was whisked away by bad guys in a fake ambulance. Sid brings a covert assault team to his rescue only go have him gunned down before her very eyes (of a rolling train, which prevents her from assisting) by the previously mentioned Gordon Dean, a CIA double-agent with loyalties to the latest bad-guy organization, Prophet Five.

December 13 2005 at 10:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Anna

Heh heh... can you tell which shows I don't watch? Busted!

December 13 2005 at 7:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kevin

I think what Tim's post refers to is where, in the original post, it says: "Nate was the only one we saw die. " But, we did see everyone die...albeit in "flashforwards"...which is what Tim was pointing out.

December 13 2005 at 6:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Anna

Tim, What has you confused? It seems your post and my post say the same thing... Also... Thanks for the info, Tony. I fixed the story. I don't watch Alias and I surmised that Vaughn died in the car crash.

December 13 2005 at 5:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
tim

Confused. We do see everyone die on 6Fu, right? Ruth in the hospital. Keith at work on the street. David at the picnic. Rico on the cruise. Brenda with her brother. Claire in bed at home.

December 13 2005 at 5:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tony C

The car crash didn't kill Vaughn, the dozens of bullet wounds from an automatic weapon wielded by Gordon Dean did.

December 13 2005 at 5:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply