October 23, 2014

Earl, Office writers nominated for awards

by Anna Johns, posted Dec 15th 2005 2:14PM
dwightWriters for My Name is Earl, The Office, and Grey's Anatomy are getting some accolades for their good work on their successful new shows. The writing teams for those programs were nominated for Writers Guild of America awards. Earl writers received three different nominations, while Office and Anatomy writers were both nominated for two awards including best new series. Don't worry, shows like Lost and Arrested Development also were nominated. The awards will be handed out February 4 in LA and NY.

More categories and nominations are listed after the jump:

Animation: The Simpsons (nominated for all six slots)

Dramatic Series: Deadwood, Grey's Anatomy, Lost, Six Feet Under, The West Wing

Comedy Series: Arrested Development, Curb Your Enthusiasm, Entourage, My Name is Earl, The Office

New Series: Everybody Hates Chris, Grey's Anatomy, My Name is Earl, The Office, Rome

Episodic Drama: House, "Autopsy", The West Wing, "A Good Day", CSI:, "Grave Danger", Veronica Mars, "Normal is the Watchword", Nip/Tuck, "Rhea Reynold", Six Feet Under, "Singing for Our Lives"

Episodic Comedy: The Office, "Diversity Day", Kitchen Confidential, "Exile on Main Street" (pilot), Malcolm in the Middle, "Motivational Speaker", My Name is Earl, "My Name is Earl" (pilot), Weeds, "You Can't Miss the Bear" (pilot)

Is anyone left off this list who should be on it?

Cliff Ravenscraft

Hey Everyone! I just started my own podcast called "generally speaking." It will have a majority of shows devoted soley to Lost! My podcast is not going to be as great as LostCasts, The Transmission, or TV Squad, but will certainly be a new perspective on the show. I figured during this six week break would be a great time to start my podcast. Please check it out and let me know what you think! I Love The TV SQUAD LOST PODCAST! Keep up the great work guys! For an easy link to subscribe to my itunes feed, or other feed, please goto... http://www.ravenscraft.org/podcast

December 16 2005 at 10:46 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Landon Howell

I still can't get into Grey's Anatomy. And Bebop, I love that 'Diversity Day' episode. Don't we all know someone who quotes Chris Rock around the office.

December 15 2005 at 4:45 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
TheMatt

Autopsy, huh? That wouldn't have been the ep of House I'd pick, but there you go.

December 15 2005 at 3:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
doc

The complete nominations can be read at the WGA site: http://www.wgaeast.org/awards/2005/12/14/television_noms_1/ What's the deal with the Simpsons getting every animation nomination? Since there are nominations for Weeds and Nip/Tuck I know these people get cable. Is their Cartoon Network broken? Does their FOX affiliate shut off at 8:59 so they never see Family Guy? Do they live in a different dimension where Spongebob doesn't exist? It's the dumbest thing I have heard since...well.. two days ago..when the four women from Desperate Housewives were all nominated for Golden Globes.

December 15 2005 at 3:04 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
captainmicahp

Yeah, more stupid meaningless awards. No other profession in the world hands out more awards than the entertainment industry. There should only be two awards handed out each year. Business person of the year, and World's Greatest Grandpa (or Grandma).

December 15 2005 at 2:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bebop

If the "Diversity Day" episode of the office wins, then star B.J. Novack(the Temp) will get the award, he wrote the episode.

December 15 2005 at 2:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply