July 25, 2014

Catch up with Battlestar Galactica for free, online

by Keith McDuffee, posted Dec 27th 2005 3:24PM
bsg logoBattlestar Galactica resumes the second half of its second season on January 6th, and if you're one of the unlucky few who might feel left out of this incredible show, you're in luck! If you're sort on time and want a quick 22-minute recap of the previous season-and-a-half of episodes up to this point, iTMS has a free, downloadable clip available for your viewing pleasure. I'd really love to see this done for many other shows before new seasons begin, as a completely new audience can be reached, one who may have otherwise given up on the show for fear of being lost.

As already mentioned here, iTMS is also carrying all episodes of the new series (including the mini-series), though those are not free.

[via Lost Remote]

monkeee

i wish it were broadcast on the SciFi channel in HD!!!

January 07 2006 at 3:09 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gudlyf

Hrm... Good point, Emily. Someone should hit up the writers/director on that tidbit and let us know what that's all about.

Though none come to mind at the moment, there have been other references in the show that haven't made sense, similar to your example. Something akin to "earthquake," when, um, they're not on Earth.

December 30 2005 at 12:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Emily

Ok - I have been rewatching season two in anticipation of the second half.

In the episode where Starbuck returns with the arrow and she and Apollo are in the locker room arguing with each other, Apollo says "for christsakes...."

I thought that was odd - there is no Christ or Messiah figure in the colonists religion, is there? I assumed by the references that they were followers of Greek/Roman mythology. Just an anachronism or lousy editing?

Also interesting, in the episode where the logic bomb and huge Cyclon fleet await to do in our beloved BSG, Tigh remarks "it will be a gods (plural) damned bloodbath!" So apparently there is a writer that is taking the colonists religious philosophy in account when it comes to swearing.

Great frakking show. Can't wait until the 6th!

December 30 2005 at 10:51 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gudlyf

natrino -- Indeed, I look back and you did. Sorry for the lack of props to you. We were in a bit of a ruckuss back then.

December 29 2005 at 1:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Evadne

The free pilot episode is a great idea (if it's a show with self-contained episodes, I might not pick the pilot, which can be uneven, but I do usually like to watch a show from the very beginning)--there are shows that I've acquired by, ahem, less savory means without having seen a single episode, but there has to be something really compelling about them (for example, a show of BSG's reputation & quality) for me to go to that kind of trouble. I'd probably watch even more TV if I could sample different pilots, and if I liked the pilot, I probably wouldn't want to wait for a free download to get episode 2--I'd probably buy it. Never underestimate the buying power of laziness.

It's a better idea than this streaming business with How I Met Your Mother. I would like to see the episodes of that show that I missed, but I'd rather have more control over the file (who wouldn't, I guess). I wouldn't mind if they included commercials in my downloaded file, either--small price to pay when I could watch it whenever I wanted. Though it's great that they don't, I was kinda surprised, actually, that the iTunes downloads didn't have commercials.

December 28 2005 at 12:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jeremiah

Actually the show comes back on the 6th. Can't wait, can't wait. :-D

Thanks for the info about the recap episode!

December 27 2005 at 4:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mark

Hrmm. not available to us lowly Canadian iTunes customers...

December 27 2005 at 4:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Porchland

Free pilot episodes for many shows would be a good start. If you don't like the first episode you're going to stop there anyway, and the upside to Apple and the content providers for providing free pilots is the chance you'll like what you saw and buy the second, third, etc., episodes.

December 27 2005 at 4:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Natrino

Sent this in last week...

December 27 2005 at 3:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply