July 23, 2014

Blog Barney Vs. TV Barney

by Ryan j Budke, posted Dec 28th 2005 10:06AM
For those of you that didn't know, Barney, from How I Met Your Mother, actually does have a blog. The writers He writes to it pretty frequently, most of the time twice a week, and whether they're show related or not, the posts are always quality. This past week, however, Barney and I are having a little dispute. As you'll remember, I put a lot of research into my post last week about Barney's "Get Psyched Mix" from the show; painstakingly copying all of the songs off of a blurry, handwritten cd from the episode, solely for your enjoyment. Then, Barney has to go and post an entirely different list of songs on his blog! So, while both take you to legendary heights of psyched-ness, we'd like you all to tell us which one you think is better.

Song lists and poll after the jump...

Blog Barney's Get Psyched Mix:
9) ROCK YOU LIKE A HURRICANE - The Scorpions
10) HIP HOP HOORAY - Naughty by Nature
11) CHANGE OF HEART - Tom Petty
12) RUN AWAY - Slade

TV Barney's Get Psyched Mix:
1) I WANNA ROCK - Twisted Sister
2) YOU GIVE LOVE A BAD NAME - BJ (Bon Jovi)
3) LICK IT UP - KISS
4) PARADISE CITY - GNR (Guns & Roses)
5) DANCING WITH MYSELF- Billy Idol
6) ROCK YOU LIKE A HURRICANE - Scorpy (Scorpions)
7) PANAMA - Van Halen
8) TALK DIRTY TO ME - Poison
9) THUNDERSTRUCK - AC/DC
10) DR. FEELGOOD - Crue (Motley Crue)
11) ROUND AND ROUND - Ratt

Personally, while I am completely giddy about someone putting the Transformers theme on any kind of "mix", my vote has got to go to TV Barney's mix. Let me know what you think.

POLL CLOSED! Here are the results:

barney get psyched
mix poll results

scottsimpsonrfc

don't see how the humpty dance, come sail away, the transformers theme song, high enough, Jessie's girl and change of heart from TV Barney's mix would get you psyched although dancing with myself, talk dirty to me and round and round from blog Barney's mix would get me psyched either but blog Barney outnumbers TV Barney 3 to 6 so as much as I would want the actual get psyched mix from the episode to get me psyched it's just a fact that it's not as good as the blog Barney's get psyched mix :/

July 03 2011 at 6:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
CalmSquirrel

Just saw the episode again, so I had to look for a track list so I could make my own. Looking through your comments though, I'd say most of you are either misguided or just modern-day retard punks. This is a perfectly fine compilation, one that does not need tainting by things like the NFL theme song or techno and rap remixes. However, I combined the two, but demand the 23 tracks. To rectify this situation, I have called upon Kansas and BTO, two bands and songs that follow the theme and era, to fill the gaps. It looks like this

1) YOU GIVE LOVE A BAD NAME - Jonathan B. Jovi
2) I WANNA ROCK - Twisted Sister
3) THE HUMPTY DANCE - Digital Underground
4) CARRY ON WAYWARD SON - Kansas
5) COME SAIL AWAY - Stix
6) LICK IT UP - KISS
7) DON'T STOP BELIEVIN' - Journey
8) PARADISE CITY - GNR (Guns & Roses)
9) THE TRANSFORMERS THEME SONG - O. Prime
10) DANCING WITH MYSELF- Billy Idol
11) YOU'RE THE BEST AROUND - Joe Esposito
12) ROCK YOU LIKE A HURRICANE - The Scorpions
13) HIGH ENOUGH - Damn Yankees
14) PANAMA - Van Halen
15) JESSIE'S GIRL - Rick Springfield
16) TALK DIRTY TO ME - Poison
17) YOU AIN'T SEEN NOTHING YET - Bachman-Turner Overdrive
18) THUNDERSTRUCK - AC/DC
19) HIP HOP HOORAY - Naughty by Nature
20) DR. FEELGOOD - Crue (Motley Crue)
21) CHANGE OF HEART - Tom Petty
22) ROUND AND ROUND - Ratt
23) RUN AWAY - Slade

Eat it.

January 06 2011 at 8:50 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
soepel888

sry for the dumb question :P but when is something allrise ? and if im not mistaken is the concept: put a faster more psyched song first then a slower one and then again a psyched one ? or what.

thx,

soepel888

p.s.
awesome mix though the tv one.

April 25 2010 at 2:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ratt

Have combined a list at grooveshark, so whenever you are and there are a internet connection you will be able to hear the GET PSYCHED mix :D

Here's the link: http://listen.grooveshark.com/#/playlist/Original+GET+PSYCHED/22389880

And then go get PSYCHED!

January 03 2010 at 7:06 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Swarley

I have combined them together for what I believe to be most excellent mix ever:
#1 You Give Love a Bad Name - Bon Jovi
#13 Round & Round - Ratt
#14 The Humpty Dance - Digital Underground
#15 Jessie's Girl - Rick Springfield
#16 Run Runaway - Slade
#17 Talk Dirty To Me - Poison
#18 Heavy Metal Theme Song - Transformers
#19 You're The Best Around - Joe Esposito (from Karate Kid)
#20 Change of Heart - Tom Petty & the Heartbreakers
#21 High Enough - Damn Yankees

August 10 2008 at 1:28 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
JT

i like his mix, but i made my own, and its all rise just as well

1. You give love a bad name - bon jovi
2. i wanna rock - twisted sister
3. rock you like a hurricane - scorpions
4. thunderstruck - ac/dc
5. dr feelgood - motley crue
6. welcome to the jungle - guns n roses
7. walk this way - run dmc and aerosmith
8. life in the fast lane - the eagles
9. dont stop believing - journey
10. come on feel the noise - quiet riot
11. the final countdown - europe

all rise baby, all rise

April 30 2008 at 1:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
colin reid

The blog mix is more eclectic and comedic.... but the TV mix is definitely more "all rise". I say take the TV mix, add the heavy metal version of the transformers theme (the one from the original movie soundtrack), the Joe Esposito track, the Journey track, the Slade track, "MR. ROBOTO" from Styx instead of "Come Sail Away", "Baby Got Back" by sir Mix-A-Lot instead of either of the rap tracks, and THEN... oh, then.... THEN you REALLY get PSYCHED.

September 26 2007 at 5:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kazum

Well done!

I prefer the TV-Mix, but i would change it the way it was in the episode: BJ as the first song. That does rock most and its in line with the show.

The Mix from his blog is totally crappy.

August 25 2007 at 6:18 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
annie

so basically, take the TV mix, switch the order of "i wanna rock" and "you give love a bad name", subtract the AC/DC b/c they're not on itunes, add "don't stop believin" and "danger zone" and you have one LEGENDARY mix

January 03 2007 at 11:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply