October 24, 2014

Reno 911!: the movie

by Anna Johns, posted Jan 5th 2006 1:43PM
Move over Super Troopers, Comedy Central's Reno 911! will be coming to a theater near you. Paramount and 20th Century FOX are co-producing the flick, which is going to be called Reno 911!: Miami. Oh, that's a good title! Series co-creators Robert Garant, Thomas Lennon and Kerri Kenney, who also star in the series, are penning the script, which is described as being largely improvisational. Kinda like the show. In the movie, the entire Reno sheriff's department goes to a police convention in Miami during Spring Break (who's manning the station back at home? who cares!), where a bio-attack is launched on their hotel. I wonder if they'll still bleep out the profanity and blur the nudity, since it's shot in the style of a cops show. It starts shooting January 23rd in LA and Miami.

I love Reno 911! and I think I'll probably buy a ticket to the movie when it comes out. What do you guys think? Can Reno 911! translate to the big screen?

[Via The Hollywood Reporter]

Orig Blood

Boo Reno 911 and Yeah Super Troopers (& Red Stripe)!

February 16 2007 at 12:43 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
cynthia sidoa

hey,,,what's website is this????only the coolest one in the milky way.....well just puttin in my two cents. love, love,love the show, it reeks of genius.and rayneisha is the funniest.....hey, hey hey!

June 10 2006 at 2:31 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
cynthia sidoa

ALL HAIL THE TRUE KINGS AND QUEENS(DANGLE) OF COMEDY!!!
THE SERVIN AND PROTECTIN RENO 911 SHERIFFS!!!!!!!IF YOU LIKE THE SHOW YOU'LL LOVE THE MOVIE!!!

June 10 2006 at 3:14 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sandi Clark

That show Reno 911 is the best comedy that has been on since the early Saturday Night Live shows were aired. Why am I not seeing it advertised on Comedy Central? Did they take the only thing worth watching on the Comedy Channel? Shame on all of you!

April 24 2006 at 12:46 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Steph

I think the format of the show is what makes it hilarious. Reno is a total spin off of COPS after all, that is what they were going for. Going to the "Big Screen" is the best news I have heard! The cast is EXTREMELY talented and considering most of it is improvisation, they all have my complete respect. It is very smart humor like perfecting the use of facial expressions at the perfect time and being in 100% of character. If YOU love good comedy...this will be a MUST SEE!

April 18 2006 at 11:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Reno 911

I agree the format for the movie will have to differ from the TV show...still I think they will be able to make it work.

March 08 2006 at 11:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MW

Call me cautioustly optimistic. The TV show is great, but it's almost entirely a satire of documentary-style television conventions and is so episodic that the translation to film is going to have to involve a little more than just throwing the show up on the screen. If they can make it more of a film mockumentary and figure out how to cut out the censorship jokes (part of what makes the show funny), I think it could be excellent.

At the very least it has a great title.

January 05 2006 at 5:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply