October 25, 2014

The Nuge is gonna clean up Michigan

by Adam Finley, posted Jan 10th 2006 11:01AM
ted nugentTed Nugent --the conservative rocker whose mantra is that you should not only kill everything you eat, but also punch it in the face a few times and tell it that it runs like a girl-- says he may run for governor of Michigan in 2010. Apparently Nugent, whose new reality show Wanted: Ted or Alive kicked off a second season recently on OLN, has a problem with "welfare brats" and doesn't want them getting their hands on his money. Also, he posed this Zen riddle to the public: "A topless grandmother in a sofa surrounded by dog feces? If you're poor, you can't have a dog! You start by eating the (expletive) pets! Am I out of my mind?" Once you've answered that question, young grasshopper, a whole new world will be open to you. As for me, I have no idea what he's talking about.

Dale

I love Ted's show he is a draw back from living off the land in the 1800's.We need the city slickers to watch ,they are such wimps and could never fend for themselves.

January 11 2006 at 10:36 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mkiatotx

Ted is a little crazy but he makes ya think, huh? If you're poor and require government aid (read: MY TAXES) to feed yourself and/or your family, I do not think you should have pets, cable TV, cell phones, etc. Get a j.o.b. (or educate yourself) to pay for those things!!!!!

PS...This is a liberal blog???? DUH!

January 10 2006 at 4:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
B

I'm pretty sure the answer to the riddle is yes, The Nuge is out of his mind.

January 10 2006 at 4:21 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Glen Harness

Actually, I doubt it was a joke, although it was probably said in a joking manner. What liberals in this country (and there's no doubt that this blog is as liberal as they come) ignore is that if your poor in America you still have it better than in other countries. Do the poor in Africa have air conditioning or TV's? Do you think the starving people in Ethiopia have pets? He's right; if you're starving, it's stupid to have a pet and expect the public to feed you.

January 10 2006 at 1:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Morgan at Spot Cost

It was a joke. Maybe not the most highbrow or hilarious, just a joke. Maybe more of a Jon Stewart mug-into-the-camera-and-wait-for-the-laughs delivery would have helped.

January 10 2006 at 11:39 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply