April 23, 2014

Lindsay Lohan denies Vanity Fair article - UPDATE

by Anna Johns, posted Jan 11th 2006 12:31AM
Lindsay Lohan says the article about her in last week's Vanity Fair magazine is full of lies. Specifically, about her having bulimia. The article says Lohan credits Lorne Micheals and Tina Fey for confronting her about her eating disorder after she hosted Saturday Night Live last spring. In it, she refers to watching herself on television and seeing just how grotesquely skinny her arms were. A statement released to Teen People by Lohan says "The words that I gave to the writer for Vanity Fair were misused and misconstrued, and I'm appalled with the way it was done." Teen People says the statement refers to the bulimia, not to the other major revelation in the story, that she has experimented with drugs. At this point, she has not denied the drug use. Vanity Fair stands by its interview and says the entire encounter is on tape.

So... I'm confused. How does a writer invent an intervention between Fey, Michaels and Lohan? What, exactly, was a lie? Miss Lohan, your statement sucks.

Diana

Isn't it just so "in vogue" to come out with an eating disorder confession. For all these people confessing their dirty little secrets (which we could all see as plainly as the clothes hanging off their shapless racks) and celebs expressing concern for the public and young hollywood blah, blah, blah, I don't see any of them getting any thicker. Remember when sz 8 was the ultimate goal for any woman.........now they have sz 0............can you beblive that?!?!?!?!?!?!

January 16 2006 at 1:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jason Anderson

Lindsay Lohan has a lot of freckles. A lot.

January 12 2006 at 4:31 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Alan

I like that on the cover of one of the rags it has a picture of Lindsay in a bikini and the caption is, "Learn her diet secrets." Yeah, her diet secret is throwing up. Even stranger, Lindsay actually weighs more in that pitcure than she does in the one featured above. I guess her diet secret is to gain weight.

January 11 2006 at 11:57 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mel G

What I find all the more amusing with this is that she chooses to drop this bombshell with such a reputable magazine like TEEN PEOPLE. Let me think, Teen People or Vanity Fair? Hmmm.

The only reason she probably denied it is because, well consider the magazine this would be published in-- TEEN PEOPLE, i.e., her FANBASE, i.e., those who support her films, music, etc. She can't be taken off their "role model" list because revenue would be lost from both projects she's involved with and sadly those teens who seek to dress like her.

Either way. Denial is not a healthy place to live. But Miss Lohan obviously knows a lot about being unhealthy.

January 11 2006 at 11:55 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mark Allen

How bizarre that the "celebrity" who most makes me want to barf denies that she has.

At least her album sales are in the toilet.

Enough of the coked-out, boring beyond belief trollop.

January 11 2006 at 11:07 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Evadne

Can we not do the "Who cares?" thing, please? Obviously, people are interested in it, and, obviously, Lindsay Lohan -wants- people to be interested in it, or else she wouldn't keep bringing it up. She wanted the Vanity Fair cover and they probably told her she would have to give a really candid interview to get it, and she did. What better way to have the cake and eat it than to give the interview and then deny what you said to another magazine? Twice the publicity, lots of deniability.

January 11 2006 at 10:33 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ian

In denial?
Physically she looks like she needs help asap. We should not underestimate the challenges that victims of Bulimia have to confront and work on everyday. To do so in the glare of media publicity makes it so much harder. I hope she has a core support group of friends and family who care for her..... Recovery takes years and can ONLY be directed by the individual themselves, who needs strong will power. People who overcome this are to be admired. As a young person in the public eye there will be a lot of similarly affected youngsters watching her "success", who can and will draw the strength they need for their own challenges.

January 11 2006 at 9:28 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Armando

Was there even an intervention? Just because the articles says so, doesn't mean it's true.

January 11 2006 at 9:15 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gordy

No, I'm confused. Why do you care? I know I don't.

January 11 2006 at 8:51 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
LC

I agree. This isn't some tabloid article or Jayson Blair story that was made up without actually interviewing the subject. I am sure the writer has written notes and audio recordings of the interview.

Somehow I think if push comes to shove, Vanity Fair is going to come out the winner.

January 11 2006 at 8:36 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply