October 20, 2014

L&O: Criminal Intent reaches a milestone

by Anna Johns, posted Jan 12th 2006 11:10AM
The third successful spin-off of the original Law and Order series is about to reach its 100th episode, a milestone for any television show. This Sunday's all-new Criminal Intent features the original cast members, Vincent D'Onofrio and Kathryn Erbe, who have been alternating episodes with new detectives Chris Noth and Annabella Sciorra. The episode is called Slither and it was written by executive producer Rene Balcer. The episode is about a European gang leader who likes to kill tourists. By the way, I think the word 'slither' is meant to be a description of the main criminal because the show description doesn't mention anything about snakes. The episode also features Olivia D'Abo, a character whom viewers voted to keep alive during a poll in the show's fourth season. Criminal Intent airs Sundays at 9 pm on NBC.

Barbara

Why did they add Chris Noth and Annabella Sciorra to the cast?

When they are on I change the channel. I only watch because of
Vincent D'Onofrio and Kathryn Erbe, especially Vincent.

Well at least I get to watch Desperate Housewives every other
week.

Leave Law and Order CI alone.

January 21 2006 at 10:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Pam

Once I started watching this show for a few times, I was hooked. True, Goren seldom loses a case, but the writing & acting are superb & the plot always manages to hold some twists. I disagree that the "girl (Det. Eames) is useless". Without her, Det. Goren would really be out in left field. Some people say that this show is an acquired taste...or that you either love it or hate it. I guess I love it! Congrats to all on the 100th episode.

January 21 2006 at 3:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
louis

Can anyone tell me the name of the "aging blonde" actress on this episode? I know I've seen her before, but can't seem to find any information on her name.

Thanks,

Louis

January 16 2006 at 9:53 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rachel

Sh*t, not Nicole again! That's why it's called "Slither". Yeah, I voted her off the island!

January 12 2006 at 4:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ryanknapper

I watch this, but I can't really get into it like SVU. In every episode the detective guy does his thing where he gets on the bad guy's side and tricks them into confessing while the girl stands around in the background being useless.

SomeGuy, "I didn't kill my wife!"
Detective, while twisting his head back and forth, "I understand. You work hard. You come home and she doesn't want to fool around. What else could you do?"
SomeGuy, "You understand! I did kill her!"

January 12 2006 at 1:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply