July 28, 2014

Ed stars taking over network TV

by Bob Sassone, posted Jan 13th 2006 7:53PM

The cast of EdAnyone who knows me knows how much of a huge Ed fan I was. I even wrote an essay about it that got me more mail than anything else I've ever written.

So, it's really great to not only see Tom Cavanagh coming back to series television (in the it-looks-a-lot-like-Ed-from-the-commercials show Love Monkey). But the good news doesn't stop there: Ed's best friend is back too. Josh Randall, who played Mike Burton on Ed, is the guy who's Courting Alex on the CBS sitcom. (Hey, both on CBS - maybe Cavanagh and Randall can have lunch in the CBS cafeteria). And let's not forget Ed's love Carol Vessey: Julie Bowen is a cast member over on ABC's Boston Legal (and has a recurring role on Lost). And Michael Ian Black's Stella over on Comedy Central.

Now we just need Lesley Boone (Molly), Jana Marie Hupp (Nancy), Rachel Cronin (Shirley), and Justin Long (Warren) to get regular gigs on TV and fans will be all set.

Lost_in_finland

oh, that essay brings back many memories... ED was on primetime in finland on 1st season, after poor ratings it was shown mostly on daytime... I even bought Walden because of this show.... oh silly me...

January 14 2006 at 2:43 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Spalding Brookshire

Or Daryl Mitchell, for that matter. Justin Long seems to be keeping fairly busy with film work.

January 14 2006 at 9:46 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
LC

Also don't forget Mike Starr as well.

January 13 2006 at 10:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brent

Did Michael Ian Black get Stella renewed on Comedy Central? I like that show and the shorts that trio did.

I was uspet the way Ed went, too.

January 13 2006 at 10:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Big Al

I miss the days when Ed and The West Wing were on back to back Wednesday nights. One of the few times I actually would set my schedule to make sure I was home to watch. It was two of the most enjoyable hours ever on TV.

January 13 2006 at 8:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
doc

Don't forget Rena Sofer who played Bonnie Hane, the girl that Ed should have picked. :D She went on to The Chronicle, Coupling, and Blind Justice, but we really need her in a new show as wll.

January 13 2006 at 8:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gudlyf

Don't forget that Josh Randall was in Lost a few episodes ago as the guy Ana Lucia threw in the pit.

January 13 2006 at 7:54 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joel Keller

Is Lesley Boone doing anything these days at all? She was wholly underrated on that show and held her own on the cute scale, even next to Bowen and Hupp (and later, Sabrina Lloyd).

January 13 2006 at 4:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply