December 18, 2014

Golden Globes: TV winners

by Bob Sassone, posted Jan 16th 2006 10:27PM
  • Steve CarellBest Actress, Drama: Geena Davis (Commander-in-Chief)
  • Best Actor, Drama: Hugh Laurie (House)
  • Best Series, Musical or Comedy: Desperate Housewives
  • Best Actress, Musical or Comedy: Mary-Louise Parker (Weeds)
  • Best Actor, Musical or Comedy: Steve Carell (The Office)
  • Best Miniseries or Movie: Empire Falls
  • Best Actress, Miniseries or Movie: S. Epatha Merkerson (Lackawanna Blues)
  • Best Actor, Miniseries or Movie: Jonathan Rhys-Meyers (Elvis)
  • Best Supporting Actress, Series, Miniseries or Movie: Sandra Oh (Grey's Anatomy)
  • Best Supporting Actor, Series, Miniseries or Movie: Paul Newman (Empire Falls)

brown33

I enjoy Commander in Cheif. It's one of the rare shows you can watch with your hubby and not have to explain a scene or comment that your suppose to be sleep child happened in on. Gina is doing great and i hope the show finds its audience and stay on for years like them other shows that are kept on (for God knows what)that you thought were off the air but they're now celebrating their 100th episode!

February 06 2006 at 10:33 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jason Simmons

I wonder..."Does anyone ever thank their stylist?" I mean, without their stylist they probably would buy something from a cheap dollar store and look really funny.

Furthermore, I thought..."Does anyone ever NOT thank someone and just say, "I have no one to thank, but, me, myself and I?"

Finally, is it just me that thinks this, or shouldn't they have an award that goes to the "best" dressed celeb?

...Just a thought!

January 23 2006 at 6:38 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jason Simmons

Why don't they ever have a category for best dressed at the Globes?

After all, you're impeccably dressed, shouldn't you get awarded for it?

Better yet, why doesn't anyone ever say, "I'd like to thank my stylist because without her I wouldn't look as great as I do?"

Finally, I always wonder..."What would happen if someone just said, "Gee, I deserve this award, and I have no one to thank, but myself."

What would happen then? You must admit that would be funny.

January 23 2006 at 6:34 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rachel

Was psyched about Steve Carell, even though I also love Jason Lee. Sick of the Desperate Housewives and don't understand why they would win for comedy, as well as a season that I keep hearing is horrible.

However, Jeremy Piven was ROBBED. Love Paul Newman, but he wasn't that great in that miniseries. Piven rocks that role.

January 17 2006 at 11:09 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
nancyofthepants

I'm so glad Mary Louise Parker won! She's a great actress and it's too bad Weeds is on HBO and doesn't have as much exposure as the other shows. But of course, my favorite is that Steve Carell won for The Office! That show kicks ass.

January 17 2006 at 10:44 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tina

Hooray for Hugh Laurie. And how great that Stephen Fry was sitting with him at the table.

January 17 2006 at 10:36 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ladyem

It is so great that Hugh Laurie won for House. He does such a great job. I am glad to see a list of new winners finally. Haven't seen Gina Davis in Commander in Chief up against something else I watch.
As far as Lost haven't been able to get into this season...so much changed which I guess for the writers must be working since they won a Globe.

January 17 2006 at 8:29 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bebop

I think it's awesome that Steve Carell won for the office. It is starting to get some recognition and rising in the ratings. Hopefully we'll have a wonderful outlook for the future of the show

Hugh Laurie won for House that was also a beautiful not to a wonderful albeit formulaic show. I'm happy that the globes go past what's popular and recognize the little guys.

January 17 2006 at 8:09 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
spongy

I am SO happy for Sandra Oh and Mary-Louise Parker for their wins. Especially Sandra Oh, she's fabulous in Gray's Anatomy. But Geena Davis? WTF?! Seriously, she's like the weakest link on Commander-in-Chief.

Also a big, huge yey for Hugh Laurie. Not only is he dreamy, he's SO fantastic in the role of House. Awesome! Hopefully this means that House will stay on air for seasons and season to come :D

January 17 2006 at 4:39 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jamie

It makes me a little wary that a couple of the actors have been nominated for both Emmys and Golden Globes, but have lost. (Excuse the pun.) While the competition has been fierce, that tells me that Lost is winning on the merits of its writing and production values, not the likeability of its stars. Popular actors can carry a show through a dry spell o two, but when the actors arent causing a stir and the material hits a lull, the show is not long for this world. That has to put the writers and producers under a tremendous amount of pressure.

January 17 2006 at 12:19 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply