October 23, 2014

It's official: I'm sick of Seinfeld

by Bob Sassone, posted Jan 16th 2006 3:42PM

Seinfeld castI never thought I'd say this, but it's gotten to the point where I don't want to watch Seinfeld anymore.

Not that I've changed my mind about the show. It's still in the Top 5 of my favorite shows of all time. But it has just gotten to the point where watching at least once (sometimes twice) every single day since 1998 has finally taken its toll on me. I can't watch them anymore. I know every episode so well that I could probably put on a puppet show in my living room with memorized dialogue if I wanted to.

Maybe in six months I'll change my mind and will have had enough of a break to go back to the show again. But for now, I'm watching something else between the hours of 6pm and 7:30 every night.

david marks

Remember this: this trio will forever be #1 !!

October 22 2007 at 11:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
david marks

Remember this: this trio will forever be #1 !!

October 22 2007 at 11:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
david marks

Remember this: this trio will forever be #1 !!

October 22 2007 at 11:05 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
david marks

Remember this: this trio will forever be #1 !!

October 22 2007 at 11:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
david marks

Jerry, larry and lloyd--any questions?
The best of all!!!!!

October 09 2007 at 10:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
spongy

You need time to miss it a little and then rewatch it. Here in Finland, they don't show reruns like in the US so usually if they do rerun a show, it's been years since they showed it the last time. Plus, you know, DVDs. I can take a longer break and if I've got a craving for a good Kramer moment, I can just pop in a DVD and that's that.

Also, if they rerun shows, doesn't mean you have to watch it every.single.day. Catch a show every once in a while, totally randomly when the mood strikes.

Seinfeld's still THE show. The root of all quotes for every occasion and every time I do something, like let's say, buy a bag of pretzels, I think of the gang saying "These pretzels are making me thirsty!" Good times.

But like I said, take a break and let yourself miss it a little before going back.

January 17 2006 at 5:24 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
H.F Peterman

Someone sounds Festivus-ed out. A nice change of pace is Larry David's Curb Your Enthusiasm. It's a little darker, but still has the seinfeld humor.

January 16 2006 at 9:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
joevideo

it sounds like a M*A*S*H type conundrum. At one point in the late 80's, this show was on 3 or 4 times a day (and this was before the 500 channel universe). TBS and syndication will give it a rest when the ratings drop and something better comes along. But oops, nothing better has come along in the many years it's been off the air....

January 16 2006 at 8:02 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kerry

I go in and out of Seinfeld phases, they usually last about 6 months to a year, with varying spaces in between. I usually watch it for a little while, eventually get sick of it, then stop for a few months. I'm getting back into it again (the Donna Chang episode was on the other day, and the chinese restaurant episode was on the day after that, so how could I not watch?) and I might go so far as to tell my TiVo to record it when I see something good coming up.

January 16 2006 at 5:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lacey

I agree. I love the show, but it's just on too much.

The same for That 70's Show, It's my second favorite show, but I wish it was on a little less. I'm sick of seeing the episodes over and over.

January 16 2006 at 4:48 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply