American Idol twins arrested

by Anna Johns, posted Jan 19th 2006 1:59PM
Damn. I really liked these two. Terrell and Derrell Brittenum, 28, are accused of stealing a man's identity to buy a 2005 Dodge Magnum last June in Georgia. Terrell has been sitting in jail since January 10, and Derrell is expected to turn himself in soon on charges of forgery, theft by deception, and financial identity fraud. Wow. That's serious stuff. The brothers are from Memphis but they auditioned in Chicago last September. I wonder if they drove that stolen Magnum up for the occasion?

Such a waste of a good talent. Both of these guys sounded spectacular in their auditions on Tuesday night. And, what I really liked about them was that they "got it". That is, they auditioned together, as twins, but they also belted out separate songs to show off their individuality. The Brittenum boys understood that the twin gimmick wouldn't get them very far in the auditions process. They even told Seacrest that they didn't want to perform together, but against each other. I was really looking forward to a twin face-off.

John

They were a Joke. Their singing was not any where close to Carrie Underwoods "average voice" as they called it. They had the WORST attitudes, well them and Brenna that is. They deserved to be "uninvited". They were no Idols I would want to look at, listen to or anything else for that matter. Lock them up and throw away the key I say. Oh wait they were already locked up! BOO YOW!

March 05 2006 at 5:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
C.J.

Yes they did have attitudes but they also posess the ability to sing. I believe that the show was a great opportunity for them to learn the do's and dont's of the business. As far as the criminal charges go, everyone is inocent until proven guilty. The twins have not been convicted of a crime yet. I think that they realizes that they made some poor decisions on the show and that if they had a chance to do it all over again, the outcome would have been different.

March 01 2006 at 10:57 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Marissa Roundtree

They were too cocky for me. I am sad that they did something that ignorant but if you do the crime, you pay the time. I know from experience because someone stole my identity. It's not something you would enjoy. I wished them the best of luck in the competition but you know I hate they threw it away. Good luck to the others because there are some good singers.

February 17 2006 at 10:46 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
kersh

the twins could sing well though i never really liked them coz they "over" exagerate their voice and actions.
also american idol is looking for an "over all" package..one who could sing (of course!), with strong audience impact( as a marketing strategy for recording companies), funky, modern wih a sense of class and someone who looks "good"...lasty an american idol would be someone who sets a "good" example..someone who could be a role model.obvously, the twins aren't any of those...and why on earth will they allow to expose themselves when they have this criminal case/record going on? oh well goodluck to those two when they try to sing their way out the court room.
..but hey..even if i never really liked them, i have to admit that i got the impression that their people who grew up with good manners and proper conduct..guess looks could be deceiving huh?

February 16 2006 at 5:01 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joseph F Everhart

The twins were whiners and now they are known nationally as winers, wannabes and felons. I hope that they cannot land a job washing dishes. I also hope that they read everyones comments concerning their cry baby antics. Bye Bye Babies!!!!

February 16 2006 at 4:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
David Fleischer

Those twins were two of the most arrogant and ungrateful people I have seen in a long time! I am glad they are out of the competition because I couldnt stand their "holier than thou" attitude. Last night they both said that their behavior is "flawless"... those boys have so much to learn about life.

February 16 2006 at 3:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
S. B. Hewey

I'm glad those twins are off Americal Idol. They were extremely annoying, rude and obnoxious. Good riddance. They deserve what they get. Let them sing for their supper behind bars. Losers.

February 16 2006 at 3:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ellen

I think the twins were a Joke. Although they sounded ok; I thought the other set of twins were much better. They were cry babies. I didn't like them at all. Glad they're gone.

February 16 2006 at 12:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Robert L. Randall

I was gald to see them gone. Not let's how much drama they create behind bars. Nothing but some two-faced backstabber who made a fool out of themselves.

February 16 2006 at 6:13 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply