April 17, 2014

Dwight's theory on Lost

by Anna Johns, posted Jan 19th 2006 9:51AM
Dwight Schrute, the  Assistant to the Regional Manager on The Office, has a theory about Lost. He writes about it on his blog, which is updated weekly over at NBC's website. Dwight has a couple of theories about who The Others are, the true motives of Oceanic Airlines, the polar bears and the connection Dr. Marvin Candle has to one of the castaways. He also pontificates a bit about which characters could kick other's asses. Dwight's theories on Lost are simplistic and show that Dwight does not have any imagination.

Rainn Wilson, who plays Dwight, really has that character nailed down. Even in his blog.

[Thanks, Josh B.!]

Loel Lund

Dwight is the MAN. Without him the company would go down the tubes in a month. He gets more work done in thirty minutes than all the others combined do in a day. And what is the story on the receptionist? Instead of playing Free Cell she should be doing some sort of work, even something like counting paper clips.

April 14 2006 at 1:17 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
KBarrick

BBC version vs. NBC argument IS stupid. Therefore, I digress.

I love these kind of website worlds that develop out of a show. The Office being taken seriously as an office with a documentary being shot. The Hanso Foundation site (if there was more ON IT like Oceanic was in the past). It reminds me of the talk about "The Blair Witch Project" and how their web marketing was going to change movie advertising forever. And then it didn't happen. But for television, it seems to be working better, especially with Lost.

Now that I think of it, LOST and Blair Witch seem to kind of have the same marketing strategies. The MISSING posters for instance?

January 22 2006 at 6:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
La La LU Lu

I agree the show is the best on TV right now. Who cares where it originated from. You people just need something to whine about.

January 20 2006 at 11:53 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Sonburn

Dudes, the show is funny and has been getting better. So what if the idea is not original to the U.S. This arguement is starting to get as tired as the Mac vs. PC.

January 19 2006 at 6:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Anna

Reuven, I believe Dwight's "promotion" wasn't legit...

January 19 2006 at 2:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
LarriveeJP

The argument about the British version being superior grows more and more tired with each new episode of the US version. If they tried to create an Americanized version of Monty Python's Flying Circus I would be on the bandwagon with the naysayers, but the content of The Office translates quite well.

It's not like they added a laugh track and filled the cast with a bunch of soulless O.C. rejects. It's the driest comedy that I have ever seen on American television, and the writers excel at walking the line between uncomfortable and hilarious. I thought it would suck when I first heard about it, but they have won me over.

To each his own I guess. People will understandably prefer one over the other, but the US version has hit its stride this year IMHO.

January 19 2006 at 12:37 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jason

Not to harp on this again, but the site for the British (original) version of this character, Gareth, is much funnier. Just like the show is.
I
don't mean to piss on the US Office and its fans, but just saying.

January 19 2006 at 11:43 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Reuven

Actually, I think he was promoted to be the Assistant Regional Manager at the end of the episode "The Fight."

January 19 2006 at 10:33 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply