July 31, 2014

Chris Penn dead at 43

by Anna Johns, posted Jan 25th 2006 6:46AM
Chris Penn, the brother of Sean Penn, was found dead yesterday at an apartment in Santa Monica, CA. He's known for dozens of movie roles, including Reservoir Dogs, but also has had some work in television. In 2003, he played Waylon Shaw, on the short-lived show The Brotherhood of Poland, New Hampshire. Most recently, he had guest appearances on Entourage, Everwood, The Contender, and Law & Order: Criminal Intent. He's also the voice of Ofc. Eddie Pulaski in the video game Grand Theft Auto: San Andreas.

The cause of Penn's death is not known, but police say there is no evidence of foul play. He was 43 years old.

Barbara

He was so wonderful in 'Pale Rider'. One of the best 'young bad guy' performances ever.
Rest in peace sweetheart.

March 05 2006 at 10:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jeff

CHRIS WAS VERY FUNNY ON A WILL AND GRACE EPISODE FROM A COUPLE YEARS BACK PLAYING BARRY MANILOW'S ROAD MANAGER WHO WANTED TO GO OUT WITH WILL.
I REMEMBER MEETING HIM ONCE AND FOUND HIM TO BE A LOVELY MAN.
HE WILL BE MISSED.

January 26 2006 at 12:04 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mase

"It's casual"

January 25 2006 at 2:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jenni Lou

Wha-wha-what?! This is what happens when I ignore the news for several days. Such a loss. I always really liked him.

January 25 2006 at 1:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tucker

"If you f***ing beat this prick long enough, he'll tell you he started the goddamn Chicago fire, now that don't necessarily make it f***ing so!"

Man, it's always sad to see good talent go. Weird thing is, I was looking for a DVD in my collection to watch last night, and something made me throw on Reservoir Dogs. Strange, but an appropriate homage I suppose. RIP Chris Penn (Nice Guy Eddie).

January 25 2006 at 10:31 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gudlyf

There are two things I remember well about "The Wild Life": Eddie Van Halen's music (yes, all of those guitar licks you hear are him), and a SKINNY Chris Penn. I was always dumbfounded at how much weight he put on since then.

January 25 2006 at 10:02 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
forzaq8

what did he do in Contender ? came to watch ? how can that be counted as guest appearances ?

January 25 2006 at 9:52 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Rachel

I thought he was 40. I found this to be sad. He was awesome in Reservoir Dogs, but I always think of him as the goofy kid in Footloose. He also has The Darwin Awards coming out soon.

I am guessing that he had some hard living... still a shame.

January 25 2006 at 8:41 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
TheMovieGoer

RIP Chris. He was great in "Wild Life", similar character to his brother from "Fast Times"

January 25 2006 at 7:49 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply