September 1, 2014

Veronica Mars: Donut Run

by Chris Thilk, posted Jan 25th 2006 11:14PM
After sharing an uncomfortable elevator ride with Logan, Veronica makes her way to Duncan's apartment in an attempt to console him after Meg's death. She's surprised - to say the least - to find Duncan not there and Kendell coming out of his shower. When she catches up with him and confronts him about why he seemed to be ducking her, they exchange a few pleasantries and then he proceeds to break up with her.

When Wallace comes over to try and cheer her up about the break-up, the police arrive. It seems Duncan has disappeared along with the baby girl, and she is suspected as an accomplice. It comes out shortly that Veronica sold some earrings belonging to Celeste Kane for tens of thousands of dollars, and the cops think that money was to finance this kidnapping and getaway. Of course, Veronica has no idea what they're talking about, but Sheriff Lamb doesn't believe her. She's released, though, after spilling everything she might know about what Duncan could use to disappear.

Shortly thereafter, two FBI agents (one of which is played by guest star Lucy Lawless) come into Neptune and are taking over the investigation from Lamb. Of course, they say they'll work with him, but only up to the point that he annoys them. This leads into a pretty funny scene where Veronica comes back to talk about something she forgot, which leads into an even funnier scene of Lamb clumsily fishing for an FBI job.

While all this is going on, Weevil is trying to figure out who is in the drug business with The Fitzpatricks. It's here where I have to admit I haven't been watching the show that much this season, since I have no idea why he's doing so and what the problem is. Anyway, it's nice to see Weevil and Logan working together and not butting heads for a change.

It also turns out Wallace didn't leave Chicago because of basketball. Well he did, but not because of anything that happened on the court. He was in a car when a hot high school prospect he played with was driving hit a homeless man. He bolted out of Chicago instead of dealing with the potential consequences, a decision he regrets. Veronica finds this out while running a search engine test for a class project.

Duncan calls Veronica, and the FBI traces it to Big Bear. They and Lamb get ready to go to Big Bear to find Duncan, when we find out Veronica really did know where he was; he's at a house nearby with the baby, and she's helping them escape. There's a tearful goodbye between the two as Duncan and the baby get ready to leave. It's then that Keith finds diapers stored in Veronica's closet and figures out that she was helping Duncan. When he confronts her on it, he's more upset that she felt she had to fool him in addition to everyone else. Despite that we see when the FBI shows up to search the Mars' house, that Keith has disposed of the evidence to protect his daughter.

While Lamb is on a second wild-goose chase down in Mexico, we see that Vinnie, the sleazy private eye, is also helping Veronica and Duncan. He picks up a hitchhiking, disguised Duncan and takes him and his baby to hopeful safety. Veronica, of course, is left alone, knowing she and Duncan can't contact each other for fear of someone finding him.

pepo

lo mejor es veronica and logan‼

duncan must died

January 30 2006 at 12:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bec

I am absolutely and totally addicted to this show! Veronica and her trusty side kick Wallace kick-butt.

January 29 2006 at 8:59 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Josh

"Maybe she offered to pay more."

Who wouldn't want the "Vinnie-Classic?"

January 27 2006 at 8:55 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Shannon

"What do you guys think the letter to Vinnie could have possibly said to make him go along with her instead of his paying customer?"

Maybe she offered to pay more.

January 27 2006 at 12:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Zarquon

What do you guys think the letter to Vinnie could have possibly said to make him go along with her instead of his paying customer? Is he really just a softie?

January 27 2006 at 12:55 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
s

The song is "Adelaide" by the Old 97's.

GREAT episode... The plot twist totally caught me off guard - there hasn't been one that good in a while. It reminded me of some of the really good episodes last season.

January 27 2006 at 12:03 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
sophella

Loved the episode last. Veronica had me fooled!

Does anyone know who's song was playing in the last scene with Veronica at the ocean?

Can't find it anywhere.

Thanks.

January 26 2006 at 8:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
jeff

Another great episode. Was it just me, or was there no voice over during the show. I can't remember any, but maybe I was just really caught up in the episode. I wonder if its a new direction, or maybe hearing Veronica's thoughts would have spoiled the twist.

January 26 2006 at 4:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Evadne

I am so mad at myself. I read all the spoilers. I had to tape it, but I haven't watched it yet, and now I won't get the full effect of Veronica's deception. I'm irritated both that Veronica lied to Keith (again) and that it sounds like they imply that Duncan and Veronica are some kind of Romeo and Juliet--Duncan is boring. Boring, boring, boring, and I'm not sorry to see him go, although I AM sorry that Meg had to die for it to happen. Anyway, I can't say any more, obviously, since I haven't actually seen the episode. I wish I hadn't read those damn spoilers.

January 26 2006 at 12:35 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gudlyf

I uploaded a couple of screenshots here so you can see what people are talking about.

The TWOP shoutout: http://www.tvsquad.com/media/2006/01/vmars-twop.png