December 17, 2014

No Ted/Buttercup Wedding on "How I Met..."

by Jonathan Toomey, posted Jan 26th 2006 11:37AM

how i met your motherFor those of you that were hoping for a Ted wedding this season on How I Met Your Mother, keep holding your breath. Ashley Williams, who plays Ted's current love interest Victoria (aka Buttercup), will only be around for six episodes this season - so it doesn't look like she's "the one."

Williams will be hanging around with Ted, Barney, and the gang until around mid-March, at which point she joins the cast of Showtime's Huff. She'll also be starring in an upcoming ABC comedy pilot. So don't get too attached to her... 'cause Ted isn't going to marry her.

[via Reuters]

Kevin

Is it possible to view episodes online? I am wanting to show my gf the drumroll please episode since she missed it. I'm not much of a TV fanatic, but that show is what got me hooked on this series - something about Victoria and her different ideas in that show...

March 07 2006 at 9:42 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
mith

It is good to cut the beginning of the kids. By doing so, the problem comes up "The Title." I think the title should change to 'How I met my wife' or something. Do you think you would tell your kid how you score a girl?

January 29 2006 at 4:06 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tweaq

Duane, I believe that may reference about the Ted/Victoria kiss. When they said the best part about the kiss, is the leading up; didn't they say something about the drumroll....or maybe I just imagined it.

January 28 2006 at 5:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Duane

Hey everybody, here's a simple question. If Victoria is not "the Mother", then why is this episode called "Drumroll, please"? Wouldn't you think that title is intended to go with some sort of big announcement or unveiling? There's nothing really in the context of the show to merit that title, so perhaps it refers to "Here she is"?

January 26 2006 at 10:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Anon

I love this site and 99% of the time you keep spoilers hidden, but this was something I did not want to see on the main page.

January 26 2006 at 8:23 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Joe Winter

What the hell?!? This belongs under Spoilers Anonymous. Thanks a lot, jerks.

January 26 2006 at 7:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tweaq

I think they'll have her leaving or something, something Ted or Victoria couldn't control. As I don't think Robin is "the one" because they always say Aunt Robin.
also Monday's episode....DAMN, I hated to admit it, but I had tears.

January 26 2006 at 6:34 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Michael G

I still think it is the Gal from the Golden Years "Winnie Cooper". They had sex, (the only one so far) and she will be back to say she is PG and she has to get married.

Season Finale written for them. They owe me a dollar.

January 26 2006 at 6:27 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gazzoo

About the "telling the kids" complaints...I've noticed that the "kids" haven't been shown the past few episodes, so perhaps they're gradually dropping that aspect.

January 26 2006 at 5:11 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Beatriz

Dude, he could still marry her, she could have to move out to a different state and then refind each other when they've both forgot about each other and then marry, the world is made of infinite possibilities

January 26 2006 at 4:41 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply