The Five: Past Survivors that need to go to Exile Island
1. Rob Mariano--Better known as Boston Rob, Mariano produced memorable sound bites and not much else as part of Survivor Marquesas. While Boston Rob deserves praise for having learned from his mistakes and scheming his way to second place finishes in both Survivor All Stars and the Amazing Race, I can't imagine spending 39 days with this clown (and I'm from Boston). Sorry cutie, you're going to Exile Island.
[image via Survivor Fever]
2. Jerri Manthey--While Colby Donaldson deserves a good thump in the head for handing the $1 million over to Tina
Wesson in Season Two, it was Jerri Manthey, the self-styled bitch of the Outback that I would send to Exile Island. I'm
all for bad girls but if you are going to play the role you should be able to back it up with solid play. Her
half-hearted strategizing with the nearly-mute Amber Brkich and her flirting with Colby didn't really help her position
out any and in Survivor All Stars she was one of the few who didn't seem to have learned anything from previous seasons.
For her whining alone, off to Exile Island she goes.
3. Rupert Boneham--I know, everyone loves Rupert. After all, the fans gave him $1 million, just for being Rupert. But imagine, 39 days with Rupert. The possibilities of the food and debris stuck in the beard alone earns the tie-dyed teddy bear a trip to Exile Island.
4. Sue Hawk-- I was a big Sue fan in the first season, once even memorably threatening a friend with bodily harm if she cheered for Kelly (ah, the excitement of that first season). The rat and snake speech set the standard for so many final tribals to come. But Sue, for all her tough chick attitude, was surprisingly thin-skinned. Quick to judge, easy to anger and far too sensitive when Richard's manly bits brushed against her in a challenge during Survivor All Stars. Sure, I wouldn't want to bump uglies with Richard but you wouldn't catch me pitching a fit on national TV about it. Off to Exile Island she goes.
5. Jeff Probst--While not a contestant, Jeff still could use a time out. Since Jeff hooked up with contestant Julie Berry, his heart just hasn't been in it. He has seen so many seasons that he now feels that it is necessary to pontificate on every twist and turn in the game with the ennui of someone who has seen too much. While I can't imagine the game with any other host, I think that sending Jeff to Exile Island for a little while might help renew his love for his very sweet gig as reality TV host.