September 23, 2014

Jim Gaffigan is funny

by Adam Finley, posted Jan 31st 2006 12:22PM

Jim GaffiganIf you didn't catch Jim Gaffigan: Beyond The Pale on Comedy Central, you should try and catch it again this Saturday because Jimmy Gaffigan is a damn funny man. You might recognize him from his appearances on Conan and Letterman, but he's also appeared in several commercials and movies (he's the confused man who gets "meowed" at in Super Troopers and was seen most recently in a series of television spots for Sierra Mist along with Michael Ian Black and other comedians). Gaffigan uses a lot of the same observational humor as other comics, but with a quieter, more surreal approach. He kicks off Beyond the Pale with a hysterical bit of meta-comedy in which he pretends to be a woman in the audience commenting on the performer on stage. Eventually this turns into an impression of the woman complaining she can't understand what he's saying because his impression is too quiet. Gaffigan has a perspective on things that is almost extraterrestrial; he's both one of the oddest and smartest comedians I've seen.

Also, you can catch Jim on Conan tomorrow night. Plenty of Jim to go around, no need to shove.

Travis Reeder

He's super funny! I saw him live in San Francisco a while ago, I just love how when he speaks his thoughts out loud. ;)

February 01 2006 at 3:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Danny Cohen

he is not that funny. He is what non-funny people themselves find funny.

February 01 2006 at 1:40 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jim

You might recognize him from commercials?

How could a *TV* blog overlook his work on primetime television -- everything from guest appearances on two "Law & Order" series to recurring characters on "Ed" and "That '70s Show." Hell, he even starred in his own sitcom, "Welcome to New York."

Check imdb, dude.

January 31 2006 at 10:47 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Annie W.

I looove Gaffigan. I saw his Comedy Central Presents episode a few years ago and cracked up like crazy. Definitely one of my favorites.

"I look like this because my father is from Sweden and my mother is Elton John..."

January 31 2006 at 3:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Dan

I watched the premiere of this on Comedy Central. Freaking hilarious. His whole bit on hot pockets is killer. "So they now have vegetarian hot pockets for those among us who don't eat meat, but would still like diarrhea."

January 31 2006 at 1:56 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply