August 30, 2014

Full House's Sweetin -- Little Stephanie! -- discusses meth addiction

by Joel Keller, posted Feb 2nd 2006 5:42PM
Jodie Sweetin talks about her meth addictionAnd we thought we'd be hearing about this from one of the Olsen twins first...

Jodie Sweetin, who played middle child Stephanie on Full House, discussed her addiction to methamphetamines on Good Morning America yesteday morning. Apparently, after the show ended in 1995, she wanted to go back to being a normal kid, but found the "normal life" a little boring. She married a police officer at 20, and by 22 had a raging meth habit that got so bad she needed an intervention from John Stamos, Bob Saget, and yes, the aforementioned Olsens to straighten her out (I wonder if they then turned the tables and had an intervention for Mary-Kate about her eating disorder).

She's sober now, in the process of divorcing her husband, and wants to pick her acting career up again at the ripe old age of 24. We wish her luck.

Can we take bets on the next child star to either get arrested or go to rehab? I'll take Jonathan Lipnicki if no one else wants him.

[via Pop Candy]

davis breidenbach

i always wondered why stars turn to drugs. can't they be satisfied with having enough in the bank that they can live without having to worry about how they are gonna feed their kids and how to pay the electric bill before it gets turned off? I drive a 97 cavalier I bought for $300 from a guy who wrecked it, but it still drives. she's got enough in her trust funds and bank to drive anything she wants. and what does she do? turn to drugs because "she's missing something". BOO-F**KING-HOO. tell ya what. give me your money and i'll kill you quickly. not slowly while your teeth rot out. when stars come out that they are addicted. they might as well keep on doing them and die as far as i'm concerned.

July 13 2006 at 8:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mel

Jodie is back!! She is hosting a show on fuse called best of Pants-Off Dance-Off. The show is cool, i don't know if you guys have seen it but people strip to their favorite music videos. Jodie will be on every tuesday starting July 18th at 10pm ET. They have a site up for her at www.fuse.tv/jodie It's hot check it

July 13 2006 at 3:40 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lisa

I've watched Full House since i can remember. I looked up to Sweetin, she was my favorite. I am sorry that she went down that road. Glad she is on the right track. The truth is tho, what has Full House done to these sweet girls?!

February 27 2006 at 12:58 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tucker

She can marry me, drugs or no drugs.. I only ever watched that show because of her and Candice Cameron.

February 03 2006 at 9:38 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Anna

I'd say the kid who plays Dewey on Malcolm in the Middle. He's not cute anymore and his show is coming to an end. Plenty of time to get in trouble.

February 02 2006 at 7:15 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
wheel see

I always thought she was the hottest one out of the Full House cast...damn shame but glad to hear she kicked the habit...

-wC