October 21, 2014

Are there good shows you keep forgetting to watch?

by Joel Keller, posted Feb 3rd 2006 2:44PM
Why am I always missing Everybody Hates Chris?When I saw Adam's recap of this week's Everybody Hates Chris, I just had one thought: "Crap! I forgot to watch it!" I don't know why, but there are certain show out there that I always seem to forget about watching, even though I like them and want to see them on a regular basis.

Up until a couple of years ago, for instance, I used to only occasionally catch The Daily Show. My habit of watching Seinfeld reruns at was so ingrained that I flipped over there mindlessly every weeknight at 11 without ever remembering that there was something fresh down the dial. Now, of course, I watch it every day. But it took me a while to come around.

That's not the case with Chris. I don't watch anything in particular Thursdays at 8; in fact, I don't even remember what I watched, that's how memorable it was. If I remembered Chris was on, I would have switched over there in a second.

What's going on? Is it a lack of promotion on UPN's part? Bad scheduling (I think the show went on a very long hiatus over the holidays)? For one reason or another, it's not embedding itself in my brain like The Office or Scrubs or even Grey's Anatomy (whose first half-dozen or so episodes of the year I forgot to watch, too, even though I was pretty loyal to the show last year) have. Any ideas why? Are there shows that you like, but keep forgetting to watch? Let me know in the comments.

kyle

yeah, my dvr reminds me to watch my favorite shows.

February 05 2006 at 8:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
susan

Ugh its the stupid scheduling they have these shows on...they run shows for half a season and then take off 2 months before they start up new episodes. Its not hard to imagine all these new shows having bad ratings...they dont schedule shows properly to manage to keep up good ratings.

I end up downloading some shows off torrent and then just watching them in the summertime... that way I dont have to wait 2-3-4 or more weeks to see a new episodes...it makes the show more watchable and keeps you hooked.

February 03 2006 at 5:53 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jon Wilk

The Office...every friggin week.

February 03 2006 at 5:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
marc b.

I'm sure your friends at PVRwire.com will remind you to get your digital video recorders going right away. What I hate is the first three or four weeks after replacing my cable company issued DVR. That's when it's a struggle to re-input the shows I used to record on a regular basis. Battlestar Galactica was one I missed just recently. Luckily it was rerun a few days later.

February 03 2006 at 4:32 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lyndon

I keep missing "My Name Is Earl" since they moved it to the new timeslot.

February 03 2006 at 3:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Bob Sassone

I keep on forgetting to watch The Simpsons. Now that The West Wing is on Sundays at 8 too, I don't watch The Simpsons anymore (and for some reason I always forget to Tivo it).

February 03 2006 at 3:07 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply