October 31, 2014

Potential clue to Survivor's hidden immunity idol?

by Jonathan Toomey, posted Feb 6th 2006 2:24PM

Survivor: Are the letters a clue?

Now this is pretty interesting. As you may recall, before Jeff Probst left Misty to fend for herself in last Thursday's season premiere of Survivor Panama: Exile Island, he informed the cast of a hidden immunity idol on Exile Island. He also told Misty that he had given her the first clue. Well what the heck was it? Probst pointed out some of the amenities the island had to offer including the above pictured barrel of dirty water.

Now thanks to our friend CygnusTM, you can see two letters (a 'Y' and a 'C') clearly outlined in red. The letters seem to be carved into the trunk of the tree. Someone obviously did it, so the question is whether or not they actually contain any significance? Probst made sure he emphasized the question of "Why?" to Misty, as in "Why you?" since she was the first guest of Exile Island. So why the letter Y?

Now if you ask me, it seems odd that they would place the idol so close to where the survivors get dropped off (if it is indeed near the tree carvings). Wouldn't it make more sense to hide it in the deep recesses of the island where it's harder to find? Although I suppose if it's easier to locate, it'll create a lot more drama later on in the season when someone finally does figure out its whereabouts.

Glenn Hanks

Is this the answer to the location of the hidden idol?

Jeff emphasized : "why fate chose you"
= Y fate chose U

Now, solve anagram for "Ye South Face"

(scramble letters) this is pirate lingo for "The South
Face". I think that the idol is hidden on the face of the cliff on the south side of the island.
Also...
There is a map on the wall at tribal council, cleverly
located behind and left of Jeff. It has the four compass points with a straight line across the South
point. I think the line represents the flat cliff face.

What do you think?

February 20 2006 at 11:21 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
George

Didnt the second clue from the last show say the idol was above the tide line or something like that?
That would mean it is above C level.

February 10 2006 at 11:43 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Ed

I think I have cracked the code. In my humble opinion, everything has hidden meaning on Survivor. I cannot beleive that the intials on the tree are merely coincidental. If you rotate the picture 90 degrees, it looks like the Y represents a divining rod that one would hold to "divine" for water. The C looks like it represents a basin or container. Perhaps the idol is hidden in the barrel or maybe in the water surrounding the island....

February 08 2006 at 2:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Cindy Antonsen

Probst pointed out the things that she had. The barrel of water is interesting because it could be in that barrel, why look there when she had no fire to purify the water?

February 07 2006 at 11:44 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
CygnusTM

I took a closer look at this on TiVo, and I didn't see much more than what is in that picture. Hopefully, we'll get a closer look at it on Thursday.

February 07 2006 at 8:15 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Samantha

My daddy and I watch "Survivor" every Thursday night and we both thought it had something to do w/ the water. After reading the comments now it seems really obvious: Why would she go digging around in a barrel of water she couldn't drink? The photo of the tree is very intriguing but Jeff said nothing about that. Gotta be that barrel of water!

February 07 2006 at 2:09 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jason

Kel - good point. The 'c' is obscured. If it's a 'u', the water barrel is looking more and more like the locale.

February 06 2006 at 8:25 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Mick

If the barrell is moved you will see the rest of the letter U as in Y U ;)Time will tell now wont it..lol

February 06 2006 at 8:16 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Virginia

The clue leads me to believe it is hidden back in the stack of skulls. Remember she is there because they didnot find the right skull.

February 06 2006 at 8:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Kel

I agree that the Y & C look like parts of a vine, although the "C" looks partially obscured by the barrel.

The show has always liked jumbles, maybe there are other letters on the island, or simply a tree with a cut vine.

February 06 2006 at 5:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply