November 27, 2014

Baby Got Back is a love song

by Anna Johns, posted Feb 12th 2006 10:14AM
michael scott valentineMichael Scott, Regional Manager for Dunder-Mifflin Paper, Inc. has his own playlist on iTunes. It makes sense, since The Office is huge for NBC on iTunes. His playlist is called, Michael Scott's Valentine's Day Romantic Playlist. It's creepy and stuck in the '80s. Just like Michael. The songs are what you'd expect Michael to play on his stereo as he pours you a Zima and hands you one of those kissing teddy bears from Hallmark. Songs include Take My Breath Away, In Your Eyes, Mambo No. 5, and Baby Got Back, which he calls "old skool hip-hop". My favorite, though, is Take On Me where he writes, "I love pretty much everything A-Ha ever did. But this is their best." Get it? Because A-Ha was a one-hit-wonder a long, long time ago. Check it out.

You can also send The Office valentines from NBC's website.

L'Emmerdeur

If anybody actually listened to A-Ha's last few albums, they'd know that they stopped producing the 80s garbage pop and have created some quite awesome music that sells very well in Europe.

February 14 2006 at 2:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
scott

beanspants,

glad to hear you guys recently put out a new cd. are you on tour?

and baby got back is from '92... frigging hacks!

(p.s. huh?)

February 13 2006 at 11:41 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
beanspants1

I don't mean to be pedantic...but a-ha's last cd came out in november, and their greatest hits covered 1984-2004. doesn't mean that take on me isn't their best song, just that that joke is only funnyish in a really dumb kinda way.

also, mambo #5 (the lou bega version) came out in 1999, and the orig is perhaps from the '60s....

anyways, these are just the small f-ups that office space didn't commit to make it perfect, and why i just can't watch the office. hacky jokes that just don't stand up....

February 12 2006 at 6:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
James Kew

A-Ha had a slightly longer shelf life in the UK, I think. Was The Sun Always Shines On TV not a hit in the US?

My favourite, though, is his take on U2's Pride (In The Name Of Love): "best song about a breakup I've ever heard."

February 12 2006 at 1:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
LifeInTheOffice.com

Did you ever hear the acoustic version of Baby Got Back?

February 12 2006 at 11:53 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply