October 31, 2014

TV Squad APB Podcast #1

by Keith McDuffee, posted Feb 12th 2006 9:18AM
tv squad apb logoWell, it was a long road finally getting here, but we've finally got something for you: the first release of TV Squad's general podcast, the All Podcast Bulletin. Be sure to give it a listen and let us know what you think, but be gentle - it was my first time. We'll make improvements and tweaks along the way, so voice in with any suggestions if you've got them.

Go ahead and grab the file directly (link), subscribe to our podcast RSS feed (link), or visit the iTunes music store (link).  (Running time: 36:37)

Gudlyf

Cygnus -- There's a new feed now for just the ABP podcasts. It's linked in the article now.

Chaim -- Thanks for the comments! We're hoping to do another this week.

February 16 2006 at 2:33 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Chaim

I really enjoyed the podcast. The are very few good tv/movie podcasts out there. For a first time I thought this was a really good show. Keep it up, don't be afraid to add more to the spoiler section, since it is at the end anyway. When is the next one going to be?

Chaim for the Life-of-Rubin Blog.

February 16 2006 at 2:22 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
CygnusTM

Any chance for a APB-only version of the feed for those of us not interested in the Lost podcasts?

February 14 2006 at 1:08 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
doc

"Unfortunately, I'm not gay, so my attraction to Tom and Bob doesn't go very far."

Like the N, Keith goes there. :D

February 13 2006 at 5:20 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Lacy Hall

Keith, that's not the way I imagined your voice sounding. But I dig it.

February 13 2006 at 12:36 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gudlyf

Ah, thanks Simon. The person posts our Lost podcasts knew that, though I didn't.

February 13 2006 at 8:51 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
wakey

The RSS isnt working as you are missing the enclosure url tag which you need to tell the aggregator what to download

It should be something like (although you will need to get the right length value)

February 13 2006 at 6:29 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gudlyf

Thanks for the feedback, doc. I'm not sure what's up with the feeds, so I'll have to look into that.

As I found out this first go around, it's difficult to get that laid-back and conversational aspect of the show when you do this over the phone. It also helps that you know the person you're doing the show with pretty well, and Tom and I have only met once before, though we get along great.

At least for one of the next shows, Bob Sassone and I will try to meet up and do the show in person, since we're both in the Boston area. I wish we could do it more often, but that might not be possible.

Husband/wife or boyfriend/girlfriend podcasts like Dawn & Drew and DPP work well for that loose and laid-back feel for obvious reasons. Unfortunately, I'm not gay, so my attraction to Tom and Bob doesn't go very far.

February 12 2006 at 11:12 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
doc

I just listened to the first APB Podcast Keith. I have to say that for a first effort it was very well done. I like the host and guest-host format. Having two or three people gives it more of a conversational tone that I prefer over one person talking. I'm also looking forward to hearing some of the other TVSquad contributors on the show. I like the idea to keep the spoiler stuff as the last thing on the show so that those wishing to remain spoiler free can just shut the show off without missing anything.

The one problem I will point out is that the RSS feed you linked and the iTunes link don't contain APB. It is just the TVSquad Lost podcast, which I don't listen to.

As for suggestions, I have two. First, set a schedule and stick to it. The most annoying thing in podcasting is a show that comes and goes with no reasoning. And second, listen to the Delta Park Project. They have this gig down. :D

February 12 2006 at 9:44 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply