December 22, 2014

Now you can take Screech, Lisa, Jessie, Slater, Kelly and Zack with you!

by Ryan j Budke, posted Feb 14th 2006 10:43AM
saved by the bell; zack; max; mr belding; If you don't know who those six characters are just by their first names, well then, shame on you, and you obviously didn't grow up in the early 90's. They are the main cast from the one, the only, Saved By the Bell. This brilliant piece of broadcasting was shown on Saturday mornings from 1989-1993, launched a number of careers, spawned countless spinoffs and impostors, and as of this morning, can be bought from the iTunes music store. Right now, they're only selling Season 1, but I'm sure the rest will follow shortly (personally I can't wait for the "Summer Season" with the voice of Pumba and a young Leah Remini). The classic Schoolhouse Rock shorts, along with the Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Video Special ( a move that I'm sure will make for many a happy valentine's day today across the nation), are also available through the online store today.

Jason Simmons

I grew up on this show and I think it's wonderful that it's finally released on DVD--yea!

February 16 2006 at 5:41 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
ntcasti

This bit of news gets announced, and Apple stock goes up 4% today. Just imagine when they make "SBTB: The College Years" available.

February 14 2006 at 3:13 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Zod

CraigO, it's The Max!!!!!

Ugh, with that amazing knowledge of Saved by the Bell, I think I just realized why I'm still single...

February 14 2006 at 11:22 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Chris Wyant

God, I want to shoot myself for knowing this... It's Max, who worked at The Max the gang's favortie eatery. He used to do magic tricks and stuff. He didn't show up til several seasons in, and he was on again off again.

February 14 2006 at 11:16 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Tripp

"This brilliant piece of broadcasting..."

I loved this show but I would hardly call it brillant.

For CraigO, I think that guy was on the first season as the owner of that club they hung out at after school. Or he was the manager there.

February 14 2006 at 11:03 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
CraigO

So I would say I'm a SBTB fan but who the hell is the guy between Lisa and Zach in the picture above? It looks like a cross between Screech and AC.

February 14 2006 at 10:55 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply