October 31, 2014

Tom and Katie call it quits! -- BREAKING NEWS

by Jonathan Toomey, posted Feb 14th 2006 5:08PM

Tom and KatieWow! Not sure how accurate this is going to actually turn out, but Life and Style Weekly is reporting that Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes are heading to Splitsville.

Holmes, the former Dawson's Creek star, is currently seven months pregnant with Cruise's baby. He returns to the big screen this summer in Mission: Impossible III which was directed by Alias' JJ Abrams. Life and Style is reporting that the couple will work together until the child is born and will then announce the split. They plan to share custody of the child. Once again, Wow!

What about all the memories though? Tom jumping on Oprah's couch! The marriage proposal at the Eiffel Tower! The pregnancy announcement! Heck, we even made Tom Cruise one of the top stories of 2005! I need a new celebrity couple to obsess over!

DrDarcu

One year later, Tom and Katie made it! Yeah Tom! I am so happy for your getting married, in an absolutely beautiful ceremony in Italy.

Tom Cruise, I may be one of the only people who believe that your jumping on the couch, your proposal on the top of the Eiffel Tower, the birth of your movie that preceeded the birth of your precious daughter, were all acts of one who lives a PASSIONATE LIFE. I am a certified sex therapist, who believes in true love, in true passion, and that true love lasts a life time. I am so happy that Tom's love and love child is the result of a passionate love...not a crazy love, but an intentional love that will last through Suri forever!!

February 17 2007 at 2:01 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Brad

So another of Cruise's beards is leaving. No surprise there. He really needs to come out of the closet.

June 22 2006 at 10:52 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
fireice

Hmmmmmm A 27 yr old and a 43 yr old.. what are the odds of those two staying together. Thats a tuff call. I think Tom has ran into his mid-life crisis, and I think pretty Katie is looking for a daddy. I could be wrong.... I think both of them are sweet people, but I dont think their love will last too long. I believe Tom loves Katie because she is young and looks good on his arms..,but I dont think Katie's love for Tom is that strong.. We will see :)

February 24 2006 at 10:30 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
fireice

February 24 2006 at 10:29 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
TheMovieGoer

toms bf got jealous

February 16 2006 at 12:27 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jason Simmons

I cannot fathom as to why Tom Cruise and Katie Holmes are already breaking up before even being married!

I think they got it backwards--first you get married, THEN you have your child, THEN you break up, if you decide to!

Doesn't anyone take marriage or even their romantic relationships seriously anymore?

It seems as if everyone has lost their minds; especially, these celebrities breaking up with each after being together for such a long period of time, or even shorter periods of time.

Next couple to break up, is probably Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie--let's only hope that this isn't true and they're MARRIED before their child is born.

Since when is it moral or socially acceptable to have an innocent child out of wedlock? Sure doesn't say much for many celebrities and their upbringing or their moral standards.

Maybe some of these celebrities need professional counseling for their marriages, relatinsohips and for themselves.

February 15 2006 at 5:51 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Alan

Wow, Gene. That's so cynical. I'm going to wait for the results of the DNA testing.

February 14 2006 at 11:51 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Gene

In other words, their contract for a mutually beneficial faux relationship will come to term a little while after their child does. You know, like Tom's other faux relationships.
I wonder what the going rate is these days for being Tom Cruise's personal breeding farm?

February 14 2006 at 11:09 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Christa

I wonder if she'll still finally be able to get rid of the horrible heres looking sores on her face now that she's not kissing Tom's a**...At least she's got a Tom Cruise DVD collection to show for her trouble, not to mention a new religon.

February 14 2006 at 10:49 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Samantha

Soon after the pregnancy was announced did anyone else read a couple of articles quoting both of Cruise's ex wives of being stunned he was having a natural child? He and Mimi Rogers were unable to have children together; She later remarried and had babies. He and Nicole Kidman adopted two, but she was recently quoted as saying she wanted to have a baby. So the whole Cruise/Holmes deal was surprising to me. Anyone else?

February 14 2006 at 10:24 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply