October 23, 2014

NBC won't let Joey die, expands The Office through May

by Anna Johns, posted Feb 15th 2006 8:04AM
joey tuesdaysJoey is making a surprise return to NBC, but it's getting moved to Tuesday nights. From March 7-21, Joey will air at 8 pm and then a Joey repeat will air at 8:30 pm. That means Fear Factor is being bumped off the NBC schedule until this summer. Scrubs will air at 9 pm, followed by a new comedy, Teachers, at 9:30. Don't worry. We'll get our back-to-back episodes of Scrubs starting on March 28, when it airs at 8:30 and 9:00 pm. Your TiVo will figure it out.

Also, NBC has figured out that The Office is good. Really good. The network has managed to work around Steve Carell's busy schedule to add one more episode to the schedule, a finale that will air on May 11. Originally, the season was going to end on March 30th but now NBC is going to play reruns through April and add that one new episode in May. I wonder if Jim will crash Pam's wedding?

Angie Davies

I'm a dedicated Friends fan, and I loved to watch Joey. I agree that they should give Joey another chance.

March 27 2006 at 6:03 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
George

I don't understand i think joey is a good show it's funny which is rare i like the office but it's no better than joey is it's just more popular.

I think NBC should definately give joey another chance put it back on thursday night where it belongs and get some former friends cast members to appear once in awhile joey may not be the best show on TV but it's better than alot of other shows that get better ratings.

March 14 2006 at 9:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Jason Simmons

This show needs to be cancelled already! It's about as good as listening to Paris Hilton's deep thoughts such as "That's hot!"

February 16 2006 at 5:34 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
MWillyB

The announcement had Scrubs airing repeats at 8:30pm, which is strange seeing as they have 24 eps to get through.

February 15 2006 at 2:46 PM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Porchland

I meant "wouldn't fit on THURSDAY..."

February 15 2006 at 9:53 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply
Porchland

Yeah, this is how NBC is going to dump off whatever "Joey" eps have already been shot so they can say it didn't work on Tuesday, wouldn't fit on Friday and is hereby cancelled. It's not worth keeping.

I hope NBC is able to fill some of the canyon-sized holes in its schedule, but I don't see too much in the list of series orders so far to get all that excited about. New dramas from Paul Haggis and Aaron Sorkin sound promising, but where to start? Sunday? Tuesday? There's just not much to build around.

February 15 2006 at 9:49 AM Report abuse rate up rate down Reply