The Five: Early TV memories
We have our favorite and least favorite shows, shows we never miss, shows we've never seen. But what are your earliest TV memories? I don't just mean shows you liked as a kid, the actual first shows/events you can remember watching? Here are mine:
1. Cartoons: This is a no-brainer, of course. Scooby-Doo, Superman, etc. But the most important were the Warner Brothers cartoons. I think I learned how to live my life by watching Bugs Bunny.
2. Sesame Street: Like most people of my generation, I learned everything from a giant yellow bird and a grumpy puppet in a trash can.
3. Batman: I was a huge Batman freak when I was a kid, and my mom says I used to sit down in front of the TV set on the floor and watch the Adam West show and yell Batman!
4. Brady Bunch/Partridge Family: Yeah, so sue me. My sister and I used to watch these shows every Friday night, feasting on a giant bag of junk food we got from the corner market down the street.
5. The Banana Splits/Lost In Space: It's amazing what you'll like as a little kid. The Banana Splits was OK ("Danger Island"), but I think I knew Lost In Space was pretty stupid even at at young age.